Chapter 50

10 minutes later found everyone with plates of food stacked like mountains as they all made themselves comfy on the various chairs, logs and blankets scattered around the field. Louis had been graciously lowered from his previous seat upon Liam's shoulders after receiving an oversized yellow jumper to wear as the temperature had dropped slightly and Louis felt the cold pretty easily. He was now sat cross-legged on top of two stacked pillows on the picnic blanket he shared with Harry and Niall.

Harry was currently mixing two cups of Pepsi and cola to try and get to the 'perfect balance' while Niall was practically inhaling his food. Louis, on the other hand, was taking a more conventional approach to eating his food, holding his burger with two hands as he nibbled away at the tasty treat. 

"Oh my god!" Micheal gasped suddenly, eyes wide as they looked at Louis, in turn, causing everyone else to look at Louis too. The little one felt his cheeks redden as he froze in his spot, little hands holding up his burger a couple inches from his face as his mouth hung slightly open, ready for his next bite. 

"He looks like a tiny little kitten!" Ashton commented, making Micheal nod enthusiastically in agreement, that being exactly what he was about to say. 

Coos and awws were heard among the large group as they all took in the adorable sight. Honestly, it should basically be illegal for any one human being to be so damn cute and capture the hearts of so many people. 

Now feeling rather shy with all the attention on him, Louis crawled over to where Niall was sitting, the boy now having finished his food already, and snuggled himself into his side, practically burrowing himself away in the copious amount of yellow fabric from the jumper. Of course, this adorable action only earned Louis more coos and fond stares but he felt a little more at ease now with the majority of his face hidden, just bright blue eyes peeping out, and having the comforting pressure of Niall's arm locked around his waist. 

Louis finished the rest of his dinner there, tucked into Niall's side as he listened in on the various conversations around him. The position did lead to Louis spilling some ketchup down the front of the yellow jumper though, which he was not too happy about, if the big pout on his lips was anything to go by. 

"Hey!" Harry mumbled in mock-offence, "it's illegal to be upset right now!" He joked as he pressed his two index fingers against the edges Louis' lips, pulling them gently until the pout was replaced by a tight grin, a little giggle escaping with how funny it felt to have Harry's fingers by his mouth. 

"Much better!" Harry cheered, bending down to wrap his arms around Louis' waist and stuffing his face in the little one's neck, large grin on his face as he inhaled the strawberry scent and lifted Louis up from the ground, against his torso as he stood back to full height. 

The pair giggled as Harry swayed them from side to side, face still tucked away in Louis' neck as he blew raspberries there, which led to Louis hysterically laughing and trying to squirm away form the attack. 

After a couple minutes, Harry finally gave mercy, hauling Louis up in his arms so the little one could comfortably wrap his arms  and legs around his long torso like a koala. Once situated comfortably, Louis leaned back slightly so he could see Harry's face, the two of them just locking eyes with a mirrored grin. 

"Haha!" Niall laughs loudly, drawing the attention of many, "look at your top H!" He says, pointing towards Harry and Louis. The two of them both look down at Harry's top, now seeing that the ketchup Louis had spilled down himself was now too covering Harry. 

"Ow!" Harry pouted, giving sad eyes to Louis. 

"No pouting!" Louis protested, doing the exact same thing as Harry had done not minutes before  on him, using his fingers to face a smile out of the curly haired boy. 

Harry smiled at Louis for a brief moment before he threw his head back to look at the sky, a deep sigh leaning his mouth. "Come on then Lou, I suppose we had better get changed then, huh?" 

Louis frowned at Harry's change in mood but nodded his head nonetheless and allowed Harry to carry him across the field and into their cabin. 

Two minutes later, James entered their bedroom to the scene of the yellow jumper all screwed up on the floor and Harry rummaging through the chest of draws, picking out a new top for himself. 

"Alright H? Where's Lou?" James asked, completely startling Harry, causing the t-shirt in his hands to be flung into the air as a large gasp leaves the curly hair haired boy. 

"Fu-" Harry suppressed the word slipping as he held both hands against his mouth, letting the t-shirt fall to the ground. 

"Ha! Sorry lad" James laughed, coming fully into the room to pat Harry on the back. 

"It's ok," Harry dismissed, "Lous just nicking a jumper from Zayn's wardrobe, claims they're the most comfy" He replied with a short chuckle and fond eye roll. 

At the mention of his name, Louis walked back into the room, carrying one of Zayn's Marvel jumpers, a cheeky grin on his face. "James!" He said excitedly at seeing the man. 

"Hiya monkey!" James chucked, walking over to the little one. "C'mere" he motioned Louis forwards, reaching down and pulling up the boys pyjama trousers which had fallen down and were showing the top hem of his pull-up. 

"Help pleeease" Louis begged sweetly, handing James the jumper in his hands, the man slipping the much too large article over the little one's raised arms and pulling it down over his fluffy head and tiny torso, it almost reaching his knees. 

"There we go my little baby boo" James spoke, giving Louis a once over and deeming him appropriately dressed once again. "You good H?" He asked, turning back to look at Harry. 

"Yup, all ready again" Harry exclaimed, brushing the palms of his hands down his torso to smoothen his t-shirt as he began taking steps toward where the other two were stood by the door. 

"Wicked! Right well I just came in here to find Lou's headphones because Ben is about to start the fireworks display" James spoke, going  over to Louis' section of the cabinets and locating the boys' ear defenders that Jay had packed especially in the case of the camp holding any fireworks displays or if there were any thunderstorms as previous experience with those proved just how much Louis hated loud banging noises. 

Once James had shut the draw again, he motioned for Louis and Harry to lead the way back to the field, the pair doing so hand in hand upon Louis' request.