Chapter one "A horrible past"

Victoria May is hiding a horrible past behind a smile. 

Victoria is 18 years old. Two years ago she lost her mother. Victoria couldn't handle her depression so she got involved in drugs, drinking, and she hung out with the wrong crowd. Victoria didn't know how to control how much she would drink. Men at parties would take advantage of her. She'd wake up in a strangers beds every weekend not remembering the night before. 

Victoria met a boy, his name was Drew. She swore he was the love of her life. They were in a relationship for 10 months. Victoria was so distracted by the fact that she was in love, she quit drinking and doing drugs. But there was one thing that wasnt right. Drew was abusing Victoria. She loved him, even when he'd leave her in tears and bruises on her face. She told herself every night that he loved her too. 

Victoria missed her period one month and took a pregnancy test. She was pregnant.. She was too terrified to tell Drew. So she kept it to herself for a couple of weeks, until she realized she HAD to tell him. 

She sat Drew down and told him that she was pregnant and it was his. He refused to believe it was his, he went crazy. He left Victoria with bruises once again, and he picked up all his stuff and left her alone. 

Victoria had no idea what to do. She was alone. She decided to go to her grandmother and tell her that she was pregnant. Her grandmother questioned the marks on Victorias face, but she never admitted that Drew left those. She made up an excuse and told her grandmother that she fell. 

Since Drew wasnt gonna be there for their baby, Victoria ended up having an abortion. She moved in with her Grandmother and started drinking and doing drugs again..

A few months later, Victoria was arrested for drug use.

After a few months in jail, Victoria was ready to start a new life. Her grandmother gave her the money to buy an apartment in New York City.

Victoria was ready to start her new life in the big city.