The Invasion

Ari's POV

I can no longer stay in this place.

I panicked as I walked away from my city alongside my cat, Mercury. I call him Mercury Cloah because I consider him as my family member.

If those nanobots get into Mercury's or my skin, I would give birth to thousands of Terrorist Spiders.

The nanobots look for a host and plant a bunch of spiders in them without the unfortunate host knowing about it.

I was lucky that I am still alive and none of those nanobots have found my place yet. I've locked myself at home for more than a week now since I saw the news about these invaders. We were told to stay at home and seal all tiny openings as those little things squeeze through tiny spaces like the keyhole.

Looking outside from my glass window, I watched in horror as I saw people falling down on the street and hundreds of spiders crawl out of their bodies. They spin their strong silk thread around their host and spray their digestive acid on them. They then devour their prey until all that is left are bones.

I and my friends were separated because of this unfortunate event. My only friend is Mercury, who is a playful and kind soul.

I thought the aliens would be kinder than to give us this. 

I recalled that we all longed for the coming of aliens. It was all fun and exciting until they really came. 

It's not like I'll live any longer anyway. I just need to linger on a little while, I need to find a weakness against the bots. I have to, or else life here on Earth will be wiped out and I can't let these intruders do that to our lovely planet. 

I sighed.

"Come on Mercury, it's getting dark. Let's find shelter."

-------------------------

Writing challenge: Write a short story based on the photo provided focusing mainly on the character/s.

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I updated this book. I have been busy with school work. My goal is to write a few more stories before my classes start in two weeks. Stay tuned :)