Chapter Eight

Robin's POV

I was pulled from my sleep as there was a loud crash followed by an equally loud 'for fuck sakes'. I quickly crawled out of bed and made my way out my bedroom door and to the kitchen. I found Snake sitting at the kitchen table, face hidden in his hands as the floor was covered in broken dishes and food. "Snake?" He stayed where he was, though his shoulders sagged. "What happened?" I asked softly, moving over to him to check for any cuts.
"I fucked up." I looked at him before gently setting a hand on his shoulder.
"How so?"
He looked up at me for a moment before looking back down. "I destroyed your dishes."
"I can see that, but what was the reason for it?"
"I... you always make breakfast, so I thought I could make it, you know, as a surprise." I blinked my eyes before I gently rubbed his back.
"How about we clean all this up and then we can make it together?" He glanced up at the clock before shaking his head.
"No, that's breaking-"
"I know, but I can fix it later." He gave me a look of surprise before giving a tiny nod. I smiled at him before we got to work, picking up the larger pieces and sweeping the smaller pieces into a dustpan. After about half an hour, we took a step back and looked around, the entire mess was gone and the floor shined. I looked over at Snake an gave him a smile. "Look at that, now we can get cooking."
He glanced over and gave a smirk. "Are we cooking meth?" I let out a laugh.
"If meth is code for breakfast, then yes." Snake let out a small chuckle before we moved to get out some non-broken dishes out as well as food.

.:.

Snake's POV

"Hey, I'm heading to work! See you later!" I looked up from my book before quickly heading to the front door.
"Again, sorry for messing up your routine." Robin just smiled softly before shaking her head.
"Don't worry about it, it's eight, still the same time as usual. Have a good day, Snake." I gave her a small nod, watching as she left before letting out a sigh.
I slowly made my way to my room, worried about my next actions as I sat down in my computer chair and logged into Skype.

Sioux: Dark Souls II?
DamnNoHTML: Sure, give me five

Snake took a deep breath as he launched the game, worried to death about his questioned. Five minutes were up and a Skype call popped up on his screen, smiling faintly when he heard Scott greet him. "Hey Snake!"
"Hey Campbell." We both picked our characters before doing 2v2 battles.
It took me a few duels to work up the courage to ask, but at least we both were at ease. "Scott, can I ask you something?" He was silent before letting out a hum. "How do you ask someone out when you're, you know, like me?" Snake watched as he was disconnected from Scott's world and his webcam came up as he went offline.
"That is adorable, who do you wanna ask out?" Snake let out a small sigh as he got out of Dark Souls and turned on his own webcam.
"Robin, but I'm worried if she finds out about-" Snake cut himself off, remembering he promised Scott he would tell Robin.
The younger one crossed his arms as he leaned back into his chair. "I'm guessing that means you haven't told her?"
"It's been such a good week that I didn't want to spoil it!" I defended, and it was true for the most part.
"Okay, let's push that aside. So you want to ask her out but you're too chicken to do it." I rolled my eyes but nodded. "Well, first we got to get you into some better clothes than pyjamas, and you need a hair cut."
Within ten minutes, Scott was over and going through Snake's closet. Snake stood behind him, watching as Scott mumble to himself as he sorted through his clothes. "Okay, here we go!" He had pulled out a dark grey shirt and blank jeans to match. "Now, go take a shower and then we'll go get your hair cut."
"My hair's fine." He looked back at me with a blank stare. "Alright, we'll cut it." I quickly headed to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.
"And only shower, don't do anything else." I looked down at me feet in shame, understanding exactly what he meant. I pushed it off as I turned on the shower, stripping from my clothes. Today was going to be a good day and I refused to let anything ruin it.

.:.

I nervously drummed on the steering wheel, Scott had helped me get ready before shoving my keys into my hands and sending me out the door. I glanced at the clock, it was almost time for her to get off for lunch and Scott said he made a reservation at a fancy restaurant for us.
I parked and took a deep breath before slowly getting out of my car and heading into the mall. The clothing store was easy enough to find but I froze on the spot.
Robin was kissing her coworker from the drug store.
I snapped my eyes shut as I turned around, I should have known. Of course she was already dating someone, how stupid could I be?
I headed back out the way I came, heading to my car. As I got in, I rested my head in my hands. I already knew it would be a long night.