Beach Day

Bucky's feet sunk in the sand as he chased after a giggling Sam, his hair soaking wet while Steve and Natasha sit under the beach umbrellas watching on with large smiles. Tony was shooting Peter with a water gun, destroying him. It was days like these where they enjoyed the time to themselves. Not having to worry about end of the world threats.

"I'm gonna drown you, Sam!" Bucky calls, tackling Sam to the ground, grabbing both of his wrists and pinning then down. Sam was laughing and Bucky thought it was his new drug. It was beautiful to hear. Like a symphony orchestra.

Without another word, Bucky lifts him up, throwing him over his shoulder before heading his way over to the water, an evil smirk tugging at his lips when Sam clings onto him for dear life.

"Bucky! James Buchanan Barnes, you place me down right now before I-" Sam shrieks as Bucky throws him into the water like a sack of potatoes, bursting out laughing as Sam pops up. "You look like a Coco Pop!" Sam raises a brow before going underwater, confusing Bucky.

Before he could react though, he's yanked underneath, screaming before submerging. He opens his eyes to find a smug looking Sam and Bucky wants to kiss the smirk right off his face.

Bucky flips him off before swimming up, only to get pushed back down by an onslaught of waves. He can faintly hear Sam laughing his ass off, so purposely, he stays down.

A part of his training while he was with working with Hydra at the time, was to hold your breath for a certain period of time, incase you needed to do ambush or hide.

He knows Sam cares deeply for him, he knows. Even though he tried to hide it, Sam always fires questions after questions when he came home from a mission. Asking how it went and if he got hurt, even though Bucky wouldn't tell him if he had.

As expected, Sam's face pops up in the vision, a look of concern washing over his face as he swims closer. Bucky smirks triumphantly, not acknowledging the feeling he got when Sam's hand grasped his and yanked him up, both gasping for air.

"If you ever do that again, Barnes. I will let you drown!" He growls protectively, his eyebrows scrunched together. Bucky smiles.

"Is that affection I hear, Wilson?" Sam rolls his eyes. "No. I hate you!" Sam has a horrible way of showing it then. Bucky laughs, swimming closer. "Come on, Sammy, don't be like that..." He whines lowly, smirking at the reaction he got. He loves teasing Sam, seeing this usually composed man, lose it at just a flirty comment or a seductive wink.

"You love me." He whispers, locking eyes with Sam.

"Unfortunately I do." He huffs and Bucky freezes, his brain short circuiting. 

"You do?"

"Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?" Sam asks, swimming back with Bucky. He shrugs, he hates it when his insecurities start to drown him. It always ruin the fun environment. 

When they get to shore, they both walk to a secluded area, not too far from the others, but far enough for privacy. Buck plops himself down on the sand, his chest rising and falling. Sam tried to not to think how good Bucky looks without a shirt with water dripping down. Bucky catches him staring and he smiles in confusion and slight embarrassment. "Like what you see, Wilson?" He teases and Sam's mouth is working before his brain can filter the words.

"Yes." Bucky smirks, though he looks startled. Sam groans, going to slam his head against the rock but is instead met with the soft palm of a hand. "Don't want to hurt your head. Besides, don't beat yourself up." Sam peeps one eye open and is met with a smirking Bucky.

Sam rolls his eyes. "Easy for you to say, you can spin a comment on the top of your head." Sam argues, not missing the way Bucky's eyes quickly flicker down to his lips before back up.

"Trust me, it's not that easy as I make it seem." Bucky confesses, looking out the shore, Sam staring at him incredulously. "You're kidding right?" Bucky looks over at Sam, shaking his head. "You have to come up with something without offending them. It can go two ways, one, get you in bed, the other, it could leave you embarrassed."

A few moments later of talking about nothing, the conversation changes to past lovers and so. "You ever dated someone Sam?"

"Once. His name was Riley." Sam says, wincing at the pain in his heart when he says his name. It's been years but it still upsets him, knowing that he could have done something-anything to make sure he survived.

"What was he like?"

"He was kind. A good guy, actually. Instantly hit it off, but then he uhm, he uh, died."

Bucky pulls Sam for a side hug, his arm wrapping around his shoulders. "He would be proud, you know?"

Bucky chuckles, "I'm proud of you. Taking up that shield when Steve retired." Bucky says, looking over Sam with soft eyes. His eyes were sincere and full of affection. Sam finds himself leaning in, slowly. Bucky, getting impatient, closes the gap. His flesh hand grazes his cheek, their lips moving together in sync. Bucky drags Sam over his lap rests his head in the crook of Sam's neck, sighing in content.

"Always wanted to do that," He murmurs, kissing Sam's neck softly.

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for interrupting!" A voice cries and they look over to find Peter standing there, looking guilty.

"It's just Mr Stark... He uh, wow, I am so sorry but you guys will be a good couple- anyways, Mr Stark told me to collect you since we're uh, going..." Bucky smirks.

"Go tell your father we'll be there in a minute." Peter sputters, "he's not-he isn't my father- uh, I'm just gonna head off now!"

With that, Peter all but sprints, wanting to get away from the environment as soon possible.

Sam laughs, whining when Bucky captures his lips again.

Pushing him off playfully, Bucky pulls Sam up before walking.

"Hey, what are we now?"

"Whatever you want to be. Boyfriend's. Friends. Whatever."

"Well, I think I like the thought of calling you my boyfriend."

Bucky chuckles, bringing Sam in for another kiss. He can't get enough of the way his lips feel against Sam's, the way Sam leans into his touch.

They pull away, Sam looking slightly dazed.

They both smile, entwining their hands.