Falling From Heights.

"Shit. Hey, uh, Buck. May need some help!" Sam's voice rings, jerking Bucky's attention to see Sam's figure soaring through the air, narrowly missing bullets that lazily drift upwards. "Just a second, Sam!" Bucky calls, setting the crosshair above an enemy's head, not hesitating on pulling the trigger.

A scream causes Bucky to flinch, missing his aim. "Sam?" He calls, shooting another in the head.

No answer, only static.

Muttering under his breath, he staggers to his feet before sprinting to where Sam was last seen.

"Sam, answer me."

"I can't breathe!" Sam chokes into the ear piece causing a shiver to slither up Bucky's spine. "Talk to me, Sam. Where are you?"

Redwing will send you the location."

A few moments later, Bucky finally finds Sam. However, he wasn't moving. His face was calm. Peaceful.

Oh, Bucky didn't like that. No. Sam was supposed to whining like a bitch and annoying him to no end. Not unconscious.

Falling to his knees, Bucky places the pad of his fingers under Sam's neck. "Sam, can you hear me?" He asks, panic lacing his tone. "Wake up, Sam!" He growls, slapping him gently. His eyes scan Sam for any head wounds. If his assumptions are correct then Sam most likely fell from the sky and inflicted injury to the head. "Wake up, Sam." He demands, gently lifting the superhero before walking off.

It was oddly quiet. Sam was still unconscious and Bucky hadn't stopped pacing since he got to their hideout. This wasn't how the plan was supposed to go. How the fuck did he mess up this one?

"You better wake up, jerk. I need someone to hate." He huffs, his eyes watching the steady rise and fall of his partner's chest.

"Plus, you're probably the closest thing I got to a family." He thinks. It's his fault, if he had scoped out the sky instead of the ground maybe he could have alerted Sam-

A soft groan passes Sam's lips and Bucky tenses, watching closely. Sam's eyes flutter open, his eyes settling on his new surroundings.

Wordlessly, Bucky slips away, knowing that is friend is somewhat okay, he can go wallow in self-hatred alone. Only to freeze when Sam weakly calls his name.

Oh shit.

Bucky turns the corner to find Sam struggling off the couch. "Why didn't you listen to the plan, Sam?" Sam huffs. "Not now, man. Bitch and moan to me after I feel like that not every single bone in my body is broken."

"You got yourself hurt!" Bucky argues, his eyes clouding with mixed emotions. He honestly didn't know what to feel.

Shouldn't he feel relieved that his friend is okay? If so, why does he feel pissed towards the man?

"Oh, don't act like you don't hurt yourself either, Bucky! You always have to be the one in charge so you go do willy Nilly!" Bucky watches Sam closely. Who the hell does he think he is speaking to?

"And I-Me! Have to always save your robot ass!"

Bucky scoffs. "Well, do I ask you?" He asks, dragging on for effect.

"No."

"You choose to do it. Why not just let me help myself!"

Sam groans, taking one step only to collapse. "Sit down." Bucky demands, his voice leaving no room for argument, though Sam isn't having it.
"I am fine-"

"I said sit down!" He barks, his lips curling into a snarl. "You are in no state to stand!"

With a roll of his eyes, Sam slumps into the chair. The room was tense and Bucky hated it.

"Stay in that chair. I'm leaving."

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know. Out."

Sam was in a world of pain. He's the Falcon, shouldn't he be able to take falls?

Maybe Sam should just sleep it off, no way Bucky's gonna be coming back anytime soon.

Closing his eyes, he lets the darkness surround him, not liking the silence that follows.

The next time he wakes up, he isn't on the surprisingly comfortable couch, he was in a bed and his bandages were fresh. Did Bucky come back and carry him to bed. Sam freezes when he feels a pair of arms pull him closer to body, one arm was cold like metal.

Oh.

Okay.

Him and Bucky were in the bed. Nothing too wrong with that, right? Wrong. There's something wrong, why? Because they're spooning like a married couple. Not that Sam was complaining, if anything, he might have snuggled further in the embrace but what if Bucky wakes up and finds it awkward?

"Shut up..." He murmurs softly, resting his head on Sam's shoulder. His eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

"I'm not saying anything-"

"You're thinking. You're gonna hurt that pretty head of yours..." He sleepily replies, his voice rough with sleep.

"You're not weirded out by the fact we're spooning?"

He can feel Bucky shrug, "I don't really care." He retorts, and Sam turns around, to find the most cutest sight ever.

Bucky half asleep, his hair all ruffled and his mouth slightly parted. "You're staring, aren't you?"

Bucky peels one eye open, a soft smirk tugging at his lips. Only for a look of guilt to wash over.

Sam notices it.

"Ah-ah-ah, don't even start to feel guilty. It was something you couldn't prevent."

"But-"
"No, Bucky. You were preoccupied with others and you needed to make sure your ass didn't get shot."

"What will I have to do to make you stop feeling guilty?"

"I have a few things in mind." He whispers, his eyes twinkling in amusement. Sam cocks a brow. He knows Bucky's being a tease so what's a little flirting back going to do?

A smirk etches its way onto Sam's face. "Oh yeah, and what are they?" He asks lowly, daring to look down at Bucky's lips before flicking his gaze up at his eyes.

"I wouldn't mind showing you," He whispers and Sam supressed the urge to laugh at how stupid this is.

"Okay then, show me."

Holy shit that came out more seductive than he wanted.

"Mm, no. You're injured. Possibly after."

Sam scoffs, "you tease."

He only smiles.

A/N

Hey, so the scene where Sam suggests that Bucky shoes it, at first I was gonna make it a kissing scene but I'm not comfortable writing it, idk why. I can read and watch kissing scenes but write them? It seems awkward because it's on of my two favourite characters and when I write, I get an image and I don't particularly want that horrifying image in my mind . There won't be many kissing scenes in this book because.

No.

Don't like? Go find books about sinful things.