How We Met/Putting an end to things Pt.1

THE PRELUDE TO THE FINAL BATTLE IS HERE

<<<<<>>>>>

<Spire of Obsidian: Throne Room>
<Time: Midnight>

Gryphon is sitting on his throne, resting his eyes, as Gene and Azazel/Loremaster run diagnostics on the spiritual energy generator that's attached to said throne. The rest of his team, including his friends from the Silver Wings, are also casually mingling with each other despite the fact that they're all about to be teleported into the path of a giant whale Grimm so that they can end a war.

Zdrada: The angel took over the entirety of hell, JUST so Gryphon would show up?!?

Lucifer: Yes, that's what she told us.

Azazel: You'd be just as upset after not seeing him for so long!

Azazel retorts from across the room when Aoi butts in.

Aoi: Why didn't you just create a machine to get his attention?

Azazel: I tried that but after a year of waiting i moved forward with the creation of Willbreaker and decided to storm hell itself and as you can see...

She gestures to her mechanical arms.

Azazel: I didn't do it unscathed.

Zdrada: That's surprisingly badass coming from the fallen angel who still gets flustered about shit like sex.

Azazel blushes and her eyes snap to Gryphon for a moment before she quickly returned to her work.

Pyrrha: Getting back on topic, how will this battle be fought anyway?

Malik: Allow me to explain.

Everyone turns to Malik, who was sitting on one side of the room by himself since he was nervous because of the sheer amount of people in the room.

Malik: The large scale battle will be fought by My King's dragon soldiers and some chosen captains in the form of a Fire Emblem: Three houses battle style while he and a strike force of his choosing defeat the opposing captains and their leader.

Malina: Ugh! Seriously!?

Malik: He said it was the neatest way to keep the battle under control without teleporting us to a dimensional plane where he has absolute control. I, for one, agreed.

Aoi: He's trying to make it entertaining for us by having his army keep the Grimm in control while his captains in the outer forces basically have one on one battles with the enemy captains. I'm betting he'll do something similar inside monstra as well.

Dez: How is he sleeping through this entire discussion with his armor still on?

All eyes fall to Gryphon, still asleep in his throne, his chest slowly rising and falling.