Chapter 3: The Meeting

"Sage, why are you trying to hide behind a tree?" Mael asked harshly. I sighed, I couldn't understand why Mael was acting as he was.

Sage looked at Mael with wide eyes. "Sir, I'm not trying to hide. I'm trying to think without feeling others' gaze on me." Sage timidly walked towards Drole and I.

"What's this?" a familiar voice asked.

"This is Gloxinia and Drole bringing a stray here, Tarmiel." Mael said lightly.

"Oh really?" Tarmiel asked sarcastically. Tarmiel had three heads and three pairs of angelic wings. All the heads had back eyes, the right head was old and had a long beard, the middle head had an ageless face and a bowl cut, while the left head was young and had slicked back green hair.

"Is it just me, or does that seem irresponsible?" Sariel asked. Sariel was a short goddess that had pale blue hair that reached right above his ears, yellow eyes, and four pairs of angelic wings. He wore white coat-like robes that had a orange circle that had five wings coming out of it and his hoodie resembles a halo at the back of his head.

"It does." Tarmiel nodded in agreement. 

"Sirs," Sage spoke and everyone's attention turned to her. Sariel tilted his head to the side, "I am here to train, so that I may of use to Stigma. I wish to help, in any way possible."

Ludociel looked at Sage as if she was a small child. "You are nothing but a bug compared to even the lowliest of demons. You would die the second that you even set foot on the battle field. We have no need of you."

I could feel a strong power radiating off of him and I knew that he was trying to intimidate her. My eyes narrowed slightly, this was ridiculous! She was offering to join Stigma for nothing in return. To refuse her was positively idiotic.

"If what you said was true, then how is it I was able to kill a demon?" Sage challenged. All of our eyes widened with shock for a split second. So that's how she got her injuries... I thought to myself.

"You lie!" Mael sneered. 

My head snapped to his direction. I had no idea on why they were acting like this. The goddesses were never one to turn down a warrior.

"Mael, we have no evidence of her lying." spoke Drole.

"Nor do we have any evidence that what she says is the truth." Sariel breathed.

I looked over to Sage and I saw her left eye start to twitch. Please keep your anger under control... I thought to myself again and again.

"Gentlemen, I do think that I know of a way that I can prove my strength." Sage chimed in lightly.We all turned our attention to her, curious about her solution. "Let me duel a goddess."

Tarmiel laughed at the 'absurdity' of Sage's idea. "You? Oh please, you could never beat a goddess in battle!"

Sage sighed, "And how do we know that?   I have yet to even raise a sword against one."

Ludociel frowned, "Human, you may fight  one of my underlings, but if you fail to hold your own, you will leave and never come back. Understood?"

Sage looked over me and then the ground. She looked back at Ludociel and nodded her agreement.
—•—•—•—
TBC