Chapter 2: Talking

"W-what?" I asked, looking at Sage, my face riddled with shock.

Sage cringed and looked down. I could hear her start to breathe heavily. "I said, 'let me come with you." Sage quaked as she brought her head up and looked at me with hard eyes.

"I'm sorry, but you can't come with us." I said. I knew that if she came with us she would be in even greater danger. And for some reason that I couldn't explain I wanted, almost more than anything, for her to be safe and happy.

"Why is that? Why can't I come with you?" Sage demanded. Her face said nothing, but her eyes did. They held pure sadness and anger.

"Because you're a child." I reasoned desperately. "Why do you want to come with us anyways?" 

"Do you not see what my home has become? And so what if I'm a child? I can still fight!" Sage yelled fiercely. "And I'm 15, most of the boys in my village went off to fight in this war when they were younger than I am now!"

I sighed, of course the Goddess clan would take children to war. "Regardless, you are still a child and will not be responsible for your death because you wanted to fight in a war." I countered firmly.

"Then don't bring me along with you to fight, bring me with you to train. And then I can make my own choice whether or not to fight." Sage said, finally calming down.

I thought about what she said. Sure it might be safer for her to be in the Fairy King's Forest, and if I trained her then she might be able to fight off low level demons. Wait, why do I care this much? I thought. Brushing the thought aside, I agreed.

"May I get something before we leave?" Sage asked weakly.

I could only sigh and I was about to say yes, but Drole cut in, "What do you plan on getting?" 

"An old family heirloom. It belong to my mother who passed away when I was young." Sage answered softly with tears pricking at the sides of her eyes. She looked to the ground as if she was remembering something.

"Try to get it as fast as you can ,okay." I ordered softly.

Sage nodded and took off running towards a house.

"Gloxinia, do you think it wise that we are bringing along a 15 year old human girl?" Drole asked flatly.

"I don't know Drole. All I can say is that she had a point. I could train her a bit to make sure that she'll be safe and then if she wants to, then she can join Stigma." I answered with uncertainty.

"True, though it seems like you've taken a liking to her." Drole pointed out. 

"Drole, I have not a liking to her. I simply want to make sure that she is okay." I answered coolly.

"What are you two talking about?" Sage asked hesitantly as she walked over to Drole and I.

"Oh, nothing much." I lied.

Sage looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Okay I was just wondering. I didn't mean to intrude." 

"It's okay, you weren't intruding." I replied. Then, I noticed a necklace around Sage's neck. It was made of silver and had a compass in the middle. I also noticed that she clutched the necklace tightly, so tightly that her hands were turning white from the pressure. "Is that the family heirloom that you wanted to get?" I asked.

Sage looked at me with shock and then she nodded softly.

"It's time to go." Drole said as he picked up Sage and put her on his shoulder. At this, Sage turned even more pale than she already was.

"Are you okay?" I teased as I smirked.

"Yes, I'm okay, totally fine." Sage said. I could tell that she was talking more to herself than me. I chuckled slightly at this. It was fun seeing her reaction to heights.

"Lets go." I said as I flew up to Sage. Drole, Sage, and I headed off back to headquarters.

"Hey Gloxinia, who's this Ludociel person?" Sage asked as she looked at me with concern written over her face.

I cringed at the question. I didn't think about what Ludociel would say or do. I groaned internally, "Ludociel is the leader of the four arch angles and is the 2nd in command of Stigma." I paused to  look at Sage's face.

She was wide eyed and her mouth was hanging open slightly. "Please continue," 

I took a deep breath, "Look as long as you are polite, very polite, and formal you should be okay." I said warmly.

"What could go wrong? " Sage sighed sarcastically. She then turned to me, "Thank you for telling me this." 

I smiled softly, "You're welcome." 

"We are here." Drole announced suddenly.

Sage turned stiff as a statue at those words. "Okay," she breathed out. "May someone help me down from here?' 

"Oh right." I said as I grabbed her waist gently but firmly to help her down. When we got down, Sage looked as though a great weight had been lifted off of her.

"What took you two so long?"  Ludociel demanded.

Sage jumped slightly and did not move while Drole and I simply walked over to him as if we were old friends. 

"We handled our mission as quickly as we could, Ludociel." Drole answered coolly.

Ludociel turned his attention to Sage, who looked as though she was about to faint, and asked her coldly, "Who are you, human?"

 "I'm Sage Claire, sir." Sage said barely able to keep eye contact with Ludociel.

"What's this ,brother?" Mael asked as he went up to his brother. I mentally groaned, Why him?  However Ludociel just continued to glare at Sage. Mael noticed this and turned to look at Sage, who was leaning on a tree for support. 

"What are you doing here, human?" Mael asked with faux kindness. "Also are you okay? You look a tad pale." 

I saw Sage start to regain what little color she had in face. I smiled slightly at Sage. I was happy that she wasn't wilting as much as she was just a few moments ago.

"It's nice to meet you sir, I'm Sage Claire. As for why I'm pale, it's because I lost a lot of blood, had Fairy King Gloxinia not healed me I would be dead. And I'm here to learn how to fight so that I can repay me debt of gratitude towards Stigma." 

"And why do you believe that you can help us?" Ludociel sneered.

"My brothers are fighting in this 'Holy' War. If you are willing to to let them fight, what's so wrong with me fighting?" Sage asked with controlled flatly. "Also, my village was destroyed by demons. If that's not incentive enough to fight, then I don't know what is."

"Gloxinia, Drole stay here with Mael while I go and Sariel and Tarmiel." Ludociel ordered coldly.

I looked over to Sage and she looked at me apologetic eyes as she whispered, "I'm sorry."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys I'm sorry that I updated two days late. Thursday I had my end of the year testing and when I got home I was to tired to write. Friday I didn't get home till 7:20 so like Thursday I was to tired to write. Moving on, I would like to thank those who voted/ added my story as well as zelliyn, please read her works and give her some love she has given me some amazing advice. Thank you, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter.