Patricia laughed and sat her drying rag on Harry's shoulder. "You're really funny, you know that? So funny." And she went past him, leaving them in the kitchen.

Harry took the rag from his shoulder figuring she wanted him to help Zayn finish drying the dishes. "What's up with your mother tonight? Is she feeling okay? She thinks I'm funny all of a sudden."

Zayn sighed. She knew she'd left them alone on purpose. "I don't know what's wrong with her. But I do know one thing. When I get back home, I am immediately going to make an appointment to see my doctor."

"Why? Are you sick or something?"

"No. I just need to get on a birth control pill as soon as possible."

Harry raised eyebrow. "Why? You're not having sex..." It stung him to ask this next question. "...Are you?"

"No. I'm not." She put a hand over her stomach at the thought of carrying Harry's baby. Actually, she had forgotten she could even get pregnant until her mother just reminded her. "Can you please dry and put up the rest of the dishes for me?"

"Are you okay?"

"No. I don't feel so good. I'm going to bed."

He sadly watched her sit the towel down on the counter and head for the kitchen entrance. "Goodnight then."

*

*

*

Harry woke up to the sounds of whimpering and sniffling. He was pretty sure they were coming from across the hall in the room Zayn was sleeping in. So he got up out of bed and threw on a T-shirt. He tiptoed across the hall and peeked his head in Zayn's doorway.

"Zayn." He whispered.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, are you alright? I heard crying from the other room."

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said.

Harry chewed his lip, unable to make out anything in the room other than her voice due to the darkness. "Can I come in?"

"Uh, sure. You can turn on the light and close the door."

Harry flipped up the light switch and shut the door when he came in. When he turned and faced the bed, Zayn was balled up in fetal position with her back turned to him.

He walked around to the other side to get a better look at her. It wasn't hard to notice her puffy eyes and trembling lips. He felt so bad, that he slid underneath the covers with her.

"This isn't about the same kinda stuff that happened last time is it. Was it awkward again?"

"No. It was fine. I've gotten used to it now."

He sighed with relief. "Did you want to tell me then?"

She shrugged. Of course she wanted to tell him. But she wasn't sure how to explain it without telling him what her mother had said earlier. "I just have a lot on my mind. Sorry I woke you."

He brought his hand up to her hair and pushed a strand away from her face. "It's okay. I'm kinda glad you did or else you'd just be in here crying alone. I don't think I'd like that."

She smiled when his index finger tapped her chin. "Of course you wouldn't."

Her smile faded and she looked off past Harry, toward the ceiling. "Do you think I'm really cut out to be a woman, Harry?"

His eyebrows furrowed and he wondered if that was why she had been crying. "Why would you ask that? Of course I do."

"Are you just saying that because it's too late to really say no or do you really believe that?"