Sage had meant every word she said, she cared about her friends- that included Scott and Allison, but because of the bond she has with the two humans- they came before anyone else. It was the one weakness, or strength depending on how you look at it of the guardian bond. Allison had a soft expression on her face after hearing the girls speech, she didn't know the ins and outs of the bond, but from what Scott had told her, the vampire would kill anyone to protect the two humans she was bonded with.

The Argent girl's heart warmed as she fiddled around with her bracelet, she realised that the vampire had been looking out for her since the get-go. In her own way, Sage was her protector, just without the bond.

"So we're friends?"

"Allison, your my bestfriend, I'm sorry if I haven't shown it." The blonde said with a sincere smile on her face, Allison beamed at the girl pulling her into a hug which she returned in a beat.

*~*

Sage mumbled to herself angrily, slamming her car door shut as soon as she pulled up to the sheriff station. The minute Sage and Allison had parted ways, the blonde had gotten a text from Stiles telling her that there was another werewolf which was apparently Isaac Lahey, and said werewolf was arrested for the murder of his father.

Sage had guessed that Derek was gonna start building his pack but from misguided teenagers? She skipped the rest of school once Stiles had told her that he was currently cooped up in Mr Harris' class. She was a little ticked off with how the man treated the Stlinski boy, she knew she would have to do something about it soon.

"I'll distract her." Sage walked over to the jeep that was parked just in front of the station,

"You know I could just compel her right?" Derek barely glanced at the blonde but Stiles jumped in his seat, gasping at the girl's sudden appearance.

"I'll just distract her." The alpha muttered again, rolling his eyes, Stiles' gaze moved from his guardian over to the Hale man, scoffing slightly, "Uh-huh. How? By punching her in the face?"

Derek gave him a fake smile. "Heh, by talking to her."

"Okay, all right. Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?" Stiles and Sage stared at Derek who was only looking at them. The human scoffed. "Dead silence. That should work beautifully, any other ideas?"

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

"you could try." Sage glared at the alpha who just rolled his eyes at the blonde, he wasn't really going to touch the human- well not with her around, Derek knew better than that. He didn't have a death wish.

Sage sighed as the two began arguing again, Stiles had looked out his window only to see the blonde walking through the station.

"Hi."

The deputy lifted her head from her work only for her brown eyes to meet Sage's purple ones.

"Me and two other people are gonna walk right through here and your not gonna do anything about it until we leave. Then you'll forget this ever happened, understood?"

The deputy nodded at the vampire with a blank stare causing a wide grin to paint her face, Sage looked over her shoulder and was met with both Stiles and Derek, Stiles had his mouth open a little staring at the girl in awe, Derek didn't look all that fascinated but he indeed was.

He had heard stories of compulsion but had never seen it in person.

Stiles had snapped out of his trance quickly running down the hall to get his dads keys. The blonde's gaze was on the hallway but it quickly averted to the werewolf who was currently staring at her.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"So why were you staring at me with that stupid look on your face?" Derek raised his eyebrows at the girl as he tried to hide the small smile that tried to fight its way onto his face.

Sage had tensed up after hearing the fire alarm sound through the station, the slight fear that ran through her alerted her that Stiles was in danger.

Sage had just gotten to the room as the hunter dropped Stiles and pulled out a syringe filled with purple liquid. She quickly shot forward and grabbed the man's wrist tightly. "I don't think that's a good idea." She said and he went to punch her with his other arm but she ducked and quickly twisted his arm around his back. The man groaned as she grabbed his head, slamming it into the wall, knocking him unconscious.

"Sage..." The blonde turned around only to see a fully transformed Isaac, the beta's yellow covered eyes were focused on Stiles causing the vampire to bear her fangs at him.

Isaac stopped slowly in his steps but only for a second, as soon as he started moving forward again- Derek quickly entered letting out a quick roar, causing his beta to drop to the ground- cowering in fear.

Sage stared at the beta in interest as he continued to look around the room in fear until his eyes stopped on her.

"How'd you do that?" Sage already knew the answer though.

"I'm the alpha."

*~*

Sage had walked through her house after making sure that the Stilinski boy got home safe and sound, she wanted to spend more time with him but she had some things she needed to figure out.

Ever since the night of the formal things had been different, she had admitted to herself that she had developed feelings for the Stlinski boy but she thought back to that night the Alpha trapped them in the school. She remembered how Derek said she and the human shared a lovers bond but she had never heard of such a thing for her kind.

It was more a werewolf thing.

She always knew her bond with Stiles was different than the typical guardian bond she had with Lydia, but she had never once thought if it was remotely close to a lovers bond.

The blonde sighed walking into her kitchen as she fetched a blood bag from the fridge.

She stared at the bag with an unmasked expression, since that night of the formal- since she had drunk from Stiles, blood bags didn't taste the same.

Nothing tasted like Stiles' blood.

Sage sighed throwing the bag on her kitchen counter before picking up her phone, her finger glided down the contacts until her thumb hovers over a specific name in her contacts.

Sage held the phone up to her ear as the number began to dial, the blonde was about to hang up until the ringing stopped.

...

"Well, it's about damn time I heard from you."

*~*

Check out my new story; Reign

*~*