Chapter 18

Success.

Mum told us that success comes with a price. I believed we paid our price to become so successful. Even though Gabriel.D lost the fashion competition, its still climbing up, fast.

Gabe and I were working all night for Gabriel.D's first fashion week. Yes, Gabe did eventually employed a few staff and a designer team. But we let them go home and get some rest before the fashion week.

Gabe held up one dress we designed, a measuring tape hanging over his shoulder and the needle pack by his wrist, "What do you think?"

I nodded, flashing him an okay sign and asked, "We should take a break. I'm hungry."

Gabe smiled, "You are always hungry. I can call Chinese, what do you want?"

I winced, not happy with the choice, "I brought some instant noodle, let's just eat that. I have to check the lights and runway."

Gabe nodded, "I will prepare the food, and you go and do that."

I faced the runway and imagined Gabriel.D's designs on the models and walking down the runway. People will be clapping and Gabe will be standing up there, bringing pride to Belle.S and Gabriel.D.

Gabe appeared beside me and smirked, "We did it."

"We always do." I glanced at him, "Have you ever thought of giving up on revenge?"

Gabe narrowed his eyes, his eyebrow turned into a frown, "Danielle, I can never forget how they treated us. We lived by the streets when we are just teenagers, Danielle. We got used and threw away like rubbish. Revenge, is the best way to prove ourselves. To get back what we deserved,"

I looked back to the runway, "This, all this," I waved my hands around the hall, "have proven that we made it."

Gabe sighed, put his hands on my shoulder and make me looked at him, "We haven't make it until we get our story out. Harry Waters shouldn't be living his life in lavish. Caperino is not playing it fair. They grew up in money. We didn't. We grew up under a bridge, D."

I sighed, avoiding his determined blue eyes, "I got it. I will mingle into Caperino. But on one condition," I took a deep breath, "I don't want to kill anyone."

Gabe suddenly burst out laughing, "Who says we need to kill to get what we want?" He smirked, "That's their way of living. We are going to do it the right way,"

xx

I checked all the designs I prepared for Caperino's next collection and then glanced at Gruff who stood by the door, reading newspaper, "Don't you want to sit down?" He has been standing there ever since I started to check my designs.

Gruff frowned, shaking his head. I shrugged and Elliot walked out with his working clothes, "I have a meeting later. What's your plan later?" He kissed my cheeks and adjusted his tie.

I stood up, adjusted his tie for him and said, "I'm going to Martha's for a short while."

Elliot nodded, "Make sure you don't leave Gruff's sight. I don't want another incident where you get a knife by your neck."

I smiled; he still hasn't get over this. Renee came over one day after the incident to apologize to us and told us she will be leaving this city to Las Vegas. As for Louis, he was charged for assault. I persuaded Elliot to help Louis out and he did. Louis was then transferred to Mental Centre for treatment.

"I'm sure Gruffy will stick to me even if I go to the washroom." I teased. Gruff sent me a 'Don't-make-it-worse' look. I stuck my tongue out at him and Elliot chuckled, pinching my cheek, "I missed you already."