Chapter 13

For the next one year, Gabe and I used it wisely to do our research on Caperino, Harry Waters and of course our soon-to-be Gabriel.D.

He planned all the money, where to use it and how to use it.

I put my head on my arm, watching Gabe writing down things from the laptop he bought. He was mumbling about manufacturer and whole sales prices. Even at the age of nineteen, Gabe looks so attractive.

Gabe's lips curled up slightly, "Take a picture, it will last longer."

I smiled, "Why should I waste money to buy a camera when I can see it with my own eyes all day?"

He grinned, blue eyes melting into mine, "Danielle, you got your own money now, use it."

I grimaced, "I love to see those nine digits in my account." And yes, obviously my parents are that rich. Not forgetting the fact that, after I turned 18, there is another sum of money coming in from my dad.

Gabe and I offered a bigger shop and a bigger house for Martha but she refused, saying that she love this house and shop which filled with Zach's memories. So we bought her the latest sewing machine and hired a few workers for her and then renovated the house to a better living condition.

Martha protested, ignored us for whole week but we still did it anyway.

Gabe smirked, "Okay billionaire, I'm left with manufacturer, whole sales prices and designers. The problem is, we are still younger than anyone, and they might go against us."

Ever since Harry Waters, Gabe became very caution about people we work with. He interviewed a bunch of designers over the age of twenty and all of them are surprised when they realized we are only nineteen and sixteen. It's really sickening to watch their face changes and became smug about it. Gabe immediately shook his head and got rid of them.

I liked a few though but Gabe thought they are too difficult to work with.

I poked his hard chest, "Says the picky one. We can just do it ourselves first. We have the machines, the equipment and the money. We always do it ourselves. From the basic and then we climb up."

Gabe thought for a while and smiled widely, kissed my forehead, "Alright, it's your call, little boss."

xx

Elliot and I didn't talk about Sam or Gabriel. We went back to our usual routine and ignored the topic.

Gruff and his team of guards have been walking in and out of Elliot's office for the past two hours. Usually, Gruff will be the one driving me to work but it was Brian who stayed with me the whole day. Oh, not forgetting my additional bodyguard – Jaden.

I noticed Sam was looking at Gruff too. When she caught me looking at her, she raised her eyebrow and pointed at Elliot's office. I shrugged; biting my lips and watched Gruff and this time Brian going into the office again.

When it was lunch time, Brian got me a cupcake and coffee.

I frowned, "What is going on?"

Brian scratched the nape of his neck, "Lunch time?"

I narrowed my eyes, picked up the cupcake and coffee, and stood up, bursting through his office without knocking.

Gruff and Elliot looked up and Elliot sighed, "I knew your patience will run out,"

I pursed my lips, putting the cupcake on Elliot's table and narrowed my eyes, "You want to control my eating too, Mr. Caperino?"

Brian and Gruff retreated back to the door and looked away. Elliot sighed, "Baby, I don't want you to be outside right now."