"He's only running the Nature club because it was either that or the Ski Club," Riley said.

"So why didn't he choose the Ski Club?" Cassie asked.

"He can't run the Ski Club because of what happened at Mount Sun Lodge when they were our age," Riley answered.

"Nature," Mr. Matthews said, hitting the board against with his stick. "The only place a bear can kill ya from."

He hit the board again with his stick.

"Nature."

"Well, what happened the the ski lodge?" Gabe asked.

"A mountain girl kissed him," Riley said.

"Huh," Harley said, now understanding the story a bit more.

"I didn't kiss her back," Mr. Matthews said.

"Nature," Maya said, hitting her hands on her desk.

"How 'bout I throw you back in the street where ya came from, you waif?" Mr. Matthews threatened Maya.

Harley raised his eyebrows and bit his lip, trying not to smile.

Maya mouthed, waif.

"Those were very bad times for Cory and Topanaga," Riley said, referring to her parents, "but everything's fine now, except we can't ski ever, or say 'ski' or walk downhill."

Wow, Harley mouthed.

"So why's he so upset with nature?" Farkle questioned.

"Guess where the hike is," Riley said.

"The Mount Sun Lodge," Cassie said.

"Exactly," Riley nodded.

"Nature," Mr. Matthews said.

He hit his stick against the board again only for it to break in half.

"What are you doing, Dad?" Riley asked her father, concerned.

"The ski lodge was almost the end of Cory and Topanaga, America's sweetheart," Cory said. "And now, I know something's gonna happen there for you. So, I am preparing ya... for nature"

He went to hit the board with the stick again but due to now the stick being broken, it didn't hit. Instead, Mr. Matthews thew the broke stick against the board.

"We're just going up to see the leaves change color," Harley reminded his teacher.

"Nature puts on a great show when it wants to," Gabe said, nodding his head.

"The leaves seem to scream out, 'Hey, look at me! I'm pretty! But I'm actually dead,'" Farkle said.

Mr. Matthews stared at them.

"All right," Mr. Matthews said, "before we get on the bus, I want to talk to you guys about the other kind of nature. The human kind."

"Oh, here it comes," Gabe groaned.

"Ooh, I've been on these kind of trips before,"Mr. Matthews  said.

Maya stared at Mr. Matthews with wide eyes.

"We made our plans, we had our blueprints," Mr. Matthews said. "Well, you know what's gonna happen to all your teenage plans? Nothin'!"

"Why not?" Smackle demanded.

"Because I am gonna be your chaperone," Mr. Matthews explained, "and I will be doggin' you every step like a dog."

"What makes you think we're like that, Matthews?" Maya questioned.

"Get a load of Yogi and Darby over here," Mr. Matthews said, referring to the two.

Yogi was sitting on Darby's lap at her desk.

"Uh, sir?" Harley said. "They got by Yoby now."

"Yeah, didn't you see their ad I the school newspaper?" Lucas said in an amused voice.

Mr. Matthews looked at Darby and Yogi.

They both smiled at Mr. Matthews and Yogi held up the school newspaper with their ad. It had a picture that Harley had taken of them and on top of it, it said, "We're Yoby Now!"

"Who took that picture?" Mr. Matthews asked.

"I did," Harley smiled a little.

"Well, um..." Mr. Matthews stood up properly, "it's not Yoby I'm worried about anyways. Yoby's forever."

"It's you guys," Mr. Matthews said, referring to Riley and Maya and Gabe.

Gabe groaned.

"Why -"

"Did you - "

"To bring this up -"

"For?"

"I already said I don't want to pursue anything with them!" Gabe said.

"Because the triangle is going to the great outdoors," Mr. Matthews said. "So, we are gonna need some great chaperons."

"We got this completely under control, Matthews," Maya said. "My human nature is completely under control and there's nothin' or nobody who could ever change that."

A somewhat tall, brown haired boy entered with a smile on his face.

"Hey, kiddies," he said.

Harley stared at him, confused.

Maya began to giggle nervously.

Harley stared at the older boy, anger coursing through his blood. Seeing Maya's reaction made Harley want to knock the older boy out, but he couldn't do anything. He would get into trouble.

What's wrong with me? Harley thought to himself.

"I'm wrong," Maya admitted.

"Here we go," Riley sighed.

"You're my chaperone," Maya said.

"I invited him," Mrs. Matthews said, entering the classroom.

"I love you!" Maya said.

"I'm coming too," Mrs. Matthews announced.

"I invited her," Mrs. Matthews said, proudly. "I'm smart."

"We'll be watching over you," Mrs. Matthews said.

"'Kay," Maya siad.

"My name's Josh," the older boy said, "and I'll be with you all day and all night, so no monkey business."

Maya imitated a monkey.