twelve; 10 years later

w ‧ ₊ ˚ •

w ‧ ₊ ˚ • .

two years after fred's death willow started to finally pick up the pieces of her shattered life, it wasn't easy but she managed it.

she got herself a job at hogwarts with the help of professor mcgonagall who became head mistress after the battle— willow taught astronomy class as her love for the stars never seemed leave her.

but before willow became a professor she decided to change her name to willow iris avery-weasley with the support of the rest of the weasley family, especially george: claiming 'you've always been one of ours, you're practically my little sister at this point.' it felt right to willow as she always just knew she'd eventually become a weasley, now it was just under different circumstances which was okay.

she wore the name proudly although during teaching hours her students addressed her as professor avery. willow wasn't going to completely give up her family name, it may be simple but it was hers & it meant worlds since willows mum being a muggle-born witch always had it so hard simply because she wasn't of pureblood.

now it being ten years since the battle of hogwarts: willow continues to teach astronomy to eager students, hoping to pass on her love for astronomy to others. she is also an avid traveller with her friend cedric diggory who went on to marry cho chang & a baker because of her love for cookies. she currently resides in a little cottage in the heart of london by herself with the exception of her ferret galax.

willow of course still stays in contact with all her school friends including the weasley family, going over to the burrow every sunday for molly's roast dinner and to just catch up with everyone as a lot was happening. literally always.

charlie would come home with another scar and ginny would always have a quidditch story to tell since she played for the holyhead harpies. ron and bill would never fail to burn the potatoes or break some type of dish & george would tell willow all about the adventures he and his fiancé, lee jordan went on because as time went by their friendship never faltered.

it's like the weasleys never changed except there'd always be that empty space next to george at the table.

willow also works part time at her local record store in london. music always made things better in her not so humble opinion.

not a day goes by where she doesn't think of fred but instead of crying she smiles knowing that no matter what she'll never forget him. willow is doing as fred once said, living.

besides she'll always have the memories, the clothes, the music and one other thing.. his last name.

and you know sometimes when willow looks up at the sky on a starry night she can almost see him. right there looking right back at her.

the end.