Chapter 4: I Will Fight

Evelyn's pov:

It's been a week now. I can't get that voice out of my damn head. Where do I know it from. He seems so familiar yet I've never seen this man before. Even the name. Damien? I've never met a Damien.

He nodded at my coworker Sally. I guessed she knows him so I asked her who he was. She told me he owns a BDSM club downtown. That's not helpful, I don't even know what that is.

She picked up on that and offered to take me. I agreed because it can't be that different to a nightclub right? And I've been to nightclubs before so it's no biggie.

That's not for a few hours yet. First I gotta get the asshole out of the way. This time I'll win. I can feel it in my bones. I'll use my knives, his knives. The ones he used on Alex all those years ago.

I know where he'll be too. That stupid weekly poker game at his warehouse. Don't ask why he has a warehouse, I have no idea. Its only a small one but I don't really get to look around much before I end up in that damn chair again. Well not this time.

I'll ambush him. The last outfit he'll ever see, gotta make it good.

Eventually, I choose I red spaghetti strap dress and my black combat boots with heels. I need four belt holsters for my daggers and one hidden sheath on my wrist. It'll be covered by my black leather jacket. The fifth is for my butterfly knife in case of emergency. I park my bike on the corner, just out of view and use the scaffolding to climb onto the roof. I'll sit above the entrance waiting for his stupid game to end. 10 minutes left.

With every minute that draws to an end, my pulse quickens with anticipation. Time to finally reverse the roles in this game of cat and mouse.

So predictable. His little friends leave the building first, he never does until his friends have all left. I watch them all get into their cars and drive away one by one until he emerges.

I jump off the roof and land behind him. My first attack is quick. A dagger thrown at the back of his shoulder but he turns and catches it. Shit. He looks at it with recognition before smirking and throwing it to the floor. That stupid black mask shining in the moonlight as he draws closer. Annoyingly it's a half mask so it allows me to see the twisted fucking grin plastered on his face.

I spin and jump, lining my foot up to the side of his head but he catches my ankle. Fuck he's fast. He takes a step towards me, my ankle in hand which, inevitably, knocks me on my arse. Second knife in hand, it's flung at his knee but again it's dodged. Instead it slams into the fence opposite the warehouse, startling an alley cat.

Only two daggers left. Come on Evelyn you can do this.

A third, well placed blade buries its way into the side of his stomach but apparently it doesn't phase him. He grasps the dagger and pulls it out slowly, licks his blood off and drops it to the ground.

"little mutt wants to play"

He's so fucking infuriating. He has no right to call me a mutt, he doesn't even know me. I grab my final blade and throw it as hard as I fucking can in his stupid face but he catches it and  before I know, it's buried in my shoulder.

Back into the warehouse we go.

This happens every time only this time, I brought a backup. My butterfly knife.

Before I can use it I pass the fuck out.

When I wake up, the first thing I see is that bastard standing in font of me with my fucking knife. Well there goes plan b.

Guess all I can do is brace myself and hope this time he doesn't decide to finish the job. I've learned that after the 4th cut, theres enough blood to use as a lubricant to slide out of the leather cuffs binding me to the chair. Escape is easy now.