Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

“What if I tell you that Cupid is courting me, how would you react to it?” I started and she was like jumping and talking all over that I can’t even understand what she’s talking until I shut her up.

“I can’t believe you said that.” She said as she finally settles down on a seat. “Dream on, Psyche.”

I crossed my arms. “Have you ever read Greek Mythology?”

She points at herself. “Do I look like I read?”

I rolled my eyes at her. “Well then, have you heard about Cupid and Psyche?”

“You mean the two of you? Yeah, just now.” She prompted.

I groaned in irritation. “I thought you want to know!”

“I do. But you are completely crossing the side track, you little miss side tracker.” She let out her tongue and I felt more irritated.

“Do you want me to continue or not?”

“Go on.”

I took a deep breath before continuing. “I’m going out with Cupid Confiar.”

“But you never talked to each other.” She frowns. That was not the reaction I was expecting.

“Let me explain first.”

She nodded.

“Do you remember when you asked Cupid where he got his name?” I asked.

“Ye… yeah. What about it?” She tries to remember the scene. “He says it’s because his dad and his dad’s bff had an agreement on this marriage thing with his dad’s bff’s daughter.”

“Awesome.” I clapped my hands at her. “So… you hear the little voice?”

She narrows her eyes to think and they went back and forth, back and forth, back and forth and yet she doesn’t get it. Oh crap.

I sighed. “I was the girl he was referring to.” I said and her hands flew to her mouth.

“Shut up.” She said.

I twitched my lips. “It’s true.”

She licked her lips for a while and she was facing the stage as if she was day dreaming.

“I don’t know how to tell Andrew about this.” I said.

She turns and frowns at me. “Andrew? He won’t even care about it. No worries. Andrew’s a nice guy. And you weren’t even dating. Why are you so worried?”

I sighed and lift my hands in the air. She gasps loudly. “You like Andrew?”

I scowled at her. “Of course, I do. He’s my best friend!”

She pouts at me. “You know what I mean.” I rolled my eyes at her. “You like me too because I’m your best friend but Andrew’s one of the opposite sex! Hello! Earth to Psyche!”

“That’s the problem.”

“Why is it such problem?” she sighs in exasperation. “If you like Andrew more than a friend then that would be a problem!”

“Janica, Cupid is Andrew’s best friend and I am Andrew’s best friend.”

“You are both Andrew’s best friend.”

I hit her with my right hand. “Jan, I don’t want Andrew to think that I’m befriending him because I want to get close with his friend.”

“Psyche, you listen to me.” she held both of my shoulders. “You know Andrew than we do. So if you tell Andrew about this, what do you think would be his reaction?”