The Furies

The chauffeur kept driving. They passed some Underworld plants and some hellhounds. Percy looked outside the windows, longing for something unknown. He felt something brush his shoulder and looked in Nico's direction. Nico had fallen asleep on his shoulder. Percy smiled and put his head on top of Nico's and fell asleep. Their hearts synced. The chauffeur looked back at them and almost smiled, like his soul was still alive in there.

~

The car came to a screeching stop, waking Percy and Nico up and jerking them forward. Percy looked up. Three demon like creatures with wings had caused the car to stop. Nico looked up, too. "Holy Hades, it's the Furies!" Nico whisper-shouted. Percy nodded. "There has to be something that can help us get through them..." Percy thought aloud. Nico thought for a minute. "I know someone that can help," he said. Percy gave Nico a "Who?" look. "Sisyphus. If we can get the Furies to go to the exact spot where the boulder rolls down, it can run them over and we can escape!" Percy gave him a "Let's go!" look. Why wasn't he talking?

Percy and Nico slowly opened the car doors and got out. Percy uncapped Riptide and Nico took out his stygian iron sword. The Furies snarled. "So you have come, demigods," they said all together. "You, Percy Jackson, will wish you never came to the Underworld. Here, you will meet your doom!" Nico dropped his sword and motioned for Percy to do the same. Percy dropped Riptide, which clattered to the ground. "Percy is here on account of me. Hades did not imprison him for a reason. He was to come here for...some, ah, specific things," Nico told the Furies. 

The Furies nodded. "Shall this be false, you both will meet your doom!" the Furies replied. They vanished. Nico looked at Percy. "Get in the car before they change their minds," he told Percy. And so went their journey in the Underworld.