Nick glanced at the clock, "It's midnight."

"And we're both awake so what's your point?"

Nick ran his fingers through his hair, taking another deep breath. He knew she was right. There was no way she was about to talk to him, or anyone, about anything she was feeling. Forcing her to go to sleep and acting like a parent wasn't going to help either.

"Alright," Nick shrugged his shoulders. "I know somewhere we could go."

"A bar?" Cosette asked, knowing that a lot of places keep their doors open until 2am. She stood up from the couch and made her way over to where he stood as he grabbed his wand, hoping that he would go for her idea because she had sobered up dramatically within the last hour.

"No," He quickly turned that down. "No, you're cut off for the night. Alcohol is a depressant. I don't need you drinking your problems away. You do that enough already."

Nick muttered that last line under his breath but Cosette still managed to hear it. She shot him a look of offence, "Excuse me?"

"Don't look at me like that," Nick scoffed. "Every time I see you, you're drinking."

"That's because everytime you see me, we're at a social event."

Instead of continuing this argument, Nick rolled his eyes and decided to move on from it. There really was no point in fighting with Cosette. Even though he was her brother, he wasn't the person that would be able to get through to her.

Nick reached for Cosette's arm and with a flick of his wand, he apparated them out of her house. But when they landed in an empty field, Cosette was more than confused.

She turned around slowly, squinting at the bright lights there were overhead. She raised her hand to her forehead to try and block some of it and that's when she realized it wasn't just a field.

It was a Quidditch pitch.

Cosette turned some more and saw rows among rows of navy blue chairs. When she tilted her head down, she read Falmouth Falcons on a banner below the stands.

"Why are we here?" Cosette asked Nick, but at the loud crack of someone hitting what sounded like a baseball, she pivoted on her heels and narrowed her eyes on the opposite end of the field where a man stood.

It took a minute and a few steps towards the figure to recognize who it was but as soon as it clicked, Cosette laughed to herself.

"Oi," a familiar scottish voice rang over the field. "Now is that a couple of O'Connor's I spy?"

Nick cupped his hands around his mouth to respond as they continued to walk towards him, "You know it!"

Cosette was more than happy to see his face. She liked Elliot, they got along well. They had a mutual understanding about how annoying Nick could be and in general, he was just a fun person to be around.

"What's he doing?" Cosette asked her brother. She was right about the baseball. Elliot twirled a bat around in his hands, but it wasn't a Beaters bat. They also passed an automatic pitching machine on the field and she looked up at Nick for an explanation.

"Elliot loves baseball," Nick answered with a chuckle. "And he says it's good practice for when he's playing. He's a Beater after all- oh watch it," Nick grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the way as the machine clicked on and an orange baseball went flying past them. Cosette watched as Elliot positioned himself to hit it back into the field.

"Baseball," Cosette repeated, still in a bit of surprise. "Interesting."

She turned and watched as the orange ball flew out of view but after a few seconds, it came back and landed next to the pitch as if it had never been hit in the first place.