21. Diagon Alley

Cosette ripped off the corner of the newspaper and grabbed a pen that was sitting on the coffee table, scribbling down vodka and firewhisky on the impromptu shopping list. Girls weekend was going great until they realized they were down to their last bottle of firewhisky.

"Berry Blitz!" Hermione yelled from the kitchen, causing Ginny and Cosette to share a look of confusion.

"What the fuck is Berry Blitz?" Cosette asked in return, but scribbling down the name on a piece of paper anyway.

Hermione walked back into the living room with a bag of chips in hand, looking at her friends like they were the idiots for not knowing what she was talking about, "It's just a fruity drink. But it tastes like juice so you don't really know you're getting drunk until it's too late."

"That sounds dangerous," Cosette sighed, folding up the paper and sliding it into her pocket as she headed towards the fireplace.

She really didn't want to be the one to leave, never having been a fan of shopping in the evening but they drew cards to see who would be the one to make the quick stop and she lost.

Hermione drew a ten, Ginny pulled a six and Setty pulled a three.

"Firewhisky, vodka and-" Cosette snorted as she looked at Hermione, "and whatever the fuck Berry Blitz is."

"You're laughing now, but I promise when you try it you'll love it," Hermione settled back into the couch beside Ginny. "Which store are you going to?"

"Tinctures 'n Tonics?" Cosette shrugged her shoulders. It was the first shop that came to mind in Diagon Alley.

"I think they close early on Sundays," Ginny pointed out. "If they are, go to Mac's. It's right next door to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. They probably have a better selection anyway."

Cosette nodded, but the last thing she wanted was to go anywhere near George's shop today. Not after how he acted when he stopped by yesterday. She grabbed a handful of floo powder from the flower pot, noticing how empty it was, and stepped into the fireplace. The second that Cosette yelled 'Diagon Alley', tall green flames engulfed her and it was only seconds later when she stepped out of one of the fireplaces in the shopping street.

Diagon Alley wasn't as crowded as it normally was, but there was just over an hour until shops closed so most people were probably finishing up their shopping and heading home.

As she headed in the direction of Tinctures 'n Tonics, Cosette could see the bright orange windows that lined the sides of the joke shop towards the end of the street. The lights were on and the door was propped open for the people coming and going.

There was a small chance that if she did have to go to Mac's, she'd see George.

She was bitter at the fact that he blatantly ignored her when he came by the burrow. The brief excitement of finally seeing him after five days disappeared in an instant when he pretended that she didn't even exist.

Was that how it was going to be from now on?

Cosette was putting the effort to get her life back to normal. She was hanging out with Ginny and Hermione like she used to. She didn't want to sit around and feel sorry for herself anymore and that was all thanks to George.

He was the one who told her how important it was that she go on with her life. He was the one that wanted to bring her back to her old self.

And now he wanted nothing to do with her.

It hurt.

A lot.

Cosette stepped towards the door of Tinctures 'n Tonics but before she could even reach for the handle, she saw that the lights were off and the open sign had been removed from the window. Regardless, she still tried to pull on the door but was only left with disappointment when it wouldn't budge.