43. Breaking Point

TW//Mentions of mental health and possible side effects

If you are hesitant to read this chapter and would like to know the specific content in reference to the trigger warning, please reach out to us on insta (elusivewattpad) and either Bri or I will gladly inform you as to what takes place.

"Sets," Nick tried to warn her to not do anything but he watched as she slowly started to rise up from the bench. He stepped around the couch and his frantic mood caused other people to turn as well.

George was the next person to notice Ben. His shoulders stiffened and his jaw clenched, already thinking about beating his face in again, but Lottie's hold on his arm kept him from standing up.

"Don't do anything," Nick stepped to her side, reaching for her arm to keep her from going up to Ben. "If he says something it'll only be to get a rise out of you. He's an ass, Setty. You know this."

"I want to kill him," Cosette muttered, not pulling her eyes off of Ben. He wasn't breaking the stare either, but his expression was much more relaxed. The damn smirk on his face just showed Cosette that he was more than ready to make another comment about her.

"Yeah, you say that about a lot of people. Come on, let's go," Nick tugged on her arm, trying to get her out of Ben's line of sight but Cosette wasn't budging. She ripped Nick's hand off of her and before anyone could try to stop her again, she stormed right over to Ben.

"Oh look," Ben spoke up to his friends as Cosette approached. "Here comes the whore. I'd say get in line, but she only fucks Weasley boys."

He spoke at a low enough volume where none of her friends would have been able to hear him, but Cosette knew that if she didn't do something fast then he would most definitely cause a scene and blurt out everything.

"Tell me, Cosette, how long did you wait before replacing Fred with his identical twin? Or did the three of you have some sort of polyamory thing going on?"

She stepped right up to the other side of the high table and leaned in as much as she could, absolutely seething, "I held my tongue that night but there is so much I could say to you now. Who the fuck do you think you are? Saying that shit about me? About Fred?"

"Oh now you care about Fred?" Ben retorted sarcastically, causing a sliver of guilt to flash over Cosette's face which didn't go unnoticed by Ben. He licked his lips, "Yeah don't play the victim here, O'Connor. You know I'm right."

Meanwhile Nick, even though he wasn't sure exactly what to do in this situation, knew he had to get Cosette out of the manor. This was only going to escalate and no one wanted a repeat of George's party. He stepped up to George, not caring at all that Lottie had a grip around his arm, and nodded his head towards Cosette and Ben.

"Get her away from Ben," Nick instructed him. "I'm going to get my wand and get Setty out of here."

George stood up and Lottie tried to get him to stay with her, but he had already crossed the floor to where Cosette stood. He rested his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to pull her focus away.

"And you still have a girlfriend, don't you mate?" Ben asked, turning the tables on George. "I'm sure she'd love to know what you and Cosette got up to."

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about," George narrowed his eyes. He wasn't going to give Ben the satisfaction of being right. "But I suggest you back up right now before I break this table with your face."

"I'd like to see you try," Ben challenged, but George stayed put. His chest was heaving in anger and as much as he would have loved to get into another fight with Ben, his main concern had to be removing Cosette from this conversation. He could always come back for Ben.