10. Blame

hey friends, you might have noticed I changed the name of the story. please don't think that this has anything to do with who this story is about but a friend pointed out that elusive is turning people into george girls and that the title of it should reflect what's happening in the story soooo this is no longer elusive//fred weasley pls enjoy elusive//the weasley twins 

side note if you want to see a trailer for this story check out @/dracofred or @/infinityemm on tik tok, its there and its beautiful you'll love it

When Cosette opened her eyes, she expected to see sunlight peering in through the window, but instead the room was pitch black. Sitting up against the headboard, Cosette had a moment of terror when she realized she wasn't in her own bed but it wasn't long until everything came rushing back to her.

Cosette glanced to her side, only to see that she was completely alone in the bed. She could make out the low hum coming from the air vents but besides that and her own breathing, Cosette couldn't hear anything else.

She wasn't just alone in the bed, she was alone in the room.

Cosette reached over towards the side table automatically to grab her wand like she did every morning after she woke up, but became confused when she couldn't find it. It took a second before she realized, one, this was not her room and two, she had absolutely no idea where she left her wand.

She fumbled around with the lamp until pulling a short string finally clicked it on and there was some light. Cosette pulled herself to the edge of the bed, taking the corner of the sheets with her to cover her body.

It was odd, sitting there by herself in George's room. Cosette could have never predicted something like this and even if she had, she never would have figured George to be the kind of guy to leave in the middle of the night.

Cosette looked around the room for something to wear and grabbed the first thing that seemed to be a shirt. As she pulled it over her head, Cosette let out a breath of a laugh when she noticed it was George's old Quidditch shirt that she was poking fun of earlier.

She grabbed her underwear next after searching for it for a minute and slid it on before heading towards the door. It had been left open, despite Cosette vaguely remembering George shutting it and pushing her against it.

Slowly stepping out into the hallway, Cosette peered around the corner towards the couchs, thinking that maybe George decided to sleep there instead. But it didn't take long for her to realize that the only thing laying on the couches were the pillows and not George. She also noticed that there was still no light coming in from anywhere. Her eyes had adjusted to the dark by now and Cosette could clearly see that the sun had yet to rise.

She glanced into the kitchen and turned on the light, but still nothing. All she saw was the drink still sitting on the counter, barely touched. Cosette debated dumping it down the sink but then made the rash decision to grab it and pour it down her throat. It was warm, which meant it had been sitting out for a while but she still had no idea what time it was or why George left the bedroom.

Cosette convinced herself that if she was going to find George and potentially talk to him about what they did, she would need another drink.

A minute later she had a new glass of vodka and orange juice in her hand and began to wander around the flat. Her eyes jumped to the bookcase, more specifically the framed photos that were lined up along one of the middle shelves.

There was a photo of Ginny on what looked to be her graduation day at Hogwarts. Then one of Molly and Arthur. The next one was all the brothers huddled together, none of them were looking at the camera except Percy. They were all moving pictures so it was nice to see everyone look so happy for a change.