"Can I help you?" Tae asked staring directly at the woman.

"She says she's a friend of your wife's." the nurse informed. "What was your name?"

"Oh...Jackie."

It was the pause that had Tae raise a brow skeptically. "Mm, Jackie, huh? I've never heard of you. And my wife don't have friends. She would've definitely told me bout you."

'Jackie' dropped her hand realizing he wasn't looking to shake her hand. "Yeah, we weren't super close. But I heard what happened and thought I should come by and see her."

"Well, she ain't takin' no visitor. So if you don't mind."

She stared at Tae for a moment before nodding. "Oh, of course. Would you tell her I came by?"

"If she care enough to know."

She start walking down the hall from Tae and the nurse when he said, "Tell Dr. Anand I wanna speak to him as soon as possible."

"Yes sir."

The nurse left his side as Toby spoke on the phone. "Sis don't have friends but Amanda. Who the fuck was that?"

Tae raised his phone turning the camera to discreetly show him the woman who claimed to be Jackie. "Something skeptical bout her."

"She look like a undercover to me." Toby commented as the woman flashed a small smile to Tae before stepping on the elevator.

"That's the vibe she was givin' me on som' real shit." Tae mentioned as he flipped the camera on himself. "I don't know what's goin' on but I'm finna talk to her doctor bout a transfer 'cause it clownery goin' on."

"Strongly suggest you do that." Toby encouraged, "I don't wanna com' to her hometown and fuck shit up. Bring the Cali functions to that mufucka."

Dr. Anand approached. "Mr. Booker, you wanted to chat?"

"Yea' lemme call you back."

"Aight keep me updated."

Tae ended the call with his brother and faced Dr. Anand. "Yea' I wanted to know bout movin' my wife to a hospital in California; preferably Cedar Sinai. I have my own jet if that's what I have to do."

"Yes, there actually is a way we can make that happen. But I do prefer for her to be woke."

"Tae! Tae!" he heard his name being shouted. Anissa nearly fell racing around the corner. "Oh my God, Dr. Anand! She's woke."

Tae rushed to the room and found Shantey's eyes open. Sunni was holding her wrist to prevent her from pulling out the tube in her throat. "No, no, baby. You can't touch that. Don't try to talk. Here comes Dr. Anand."