1: Four Agents of Chaos

A month had passed since Wei Wuxian had settled at the Cloud Recesses. Settled was the word, for the Lan Juniors were now his friends; the Jingshi his home; Lan Wangji his family. After having escorted Wei Wuxian back to Gusu that day on the hills, the Chief Cultivator had long since confessed his feelings, and Wei Wuxian had done more than reciprocate them. The two had sworn to "love and care for each other for the rest of their lives, and after", before Lan Xichen, Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang – the two brothers, and the man who had given them this second chance. 

The bond was not made public, but it couldn't be kept hidden either. But Wei Wuxian was no longer hated since the people had found a replacement in Jin Guangyao so that nobody objected; if anything, they ignored it. One could say the couple was accepted. 

If not for the old, goatee-stroking Shifu. 

"Wei-Wu-XIAN!" Lan Qiren shouted, at the indecent sight of his students and the Yiling Patriarch chasing a dog. Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling (who had come for studies) screeched to a halt, but Fairy kept on running after Wei Wuxian. That was when Lan Qiren realised that he had misinterpreted the situation: the three youngsters had been chasing the dog, to stop it, but it was the dog who had chased the Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation. Memories of the beard-shaving Cangse Sanren flooded his mind, and he almost smiled. 

Almost. 

He was brought back to the present by Wei Wuxian's cries. Wei Wuxian, having realised the Juniors were no longer helping him, succumbed to his last resort.

"Lan Zhan! Save me! Lan Zhan!" 

Whoosh! Lan Qiren watched, bewildered, as the Chief Cultivator flew in to block Fairy. One death glare and Fairy had vanished. 

"La-Lan Zhan? Hehe, th-thank you, Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian stammered. Brushing his robes down, he bowed with an apologetic smile. "Shifu, please forgive me. Forgive our rude behaviour, Shifu," he said, with a meaningful glance at the Juniors. 

Immediately on cue... "Shifu! Forgive us! We will not do it again!" The three bowed to Lan Qiren, who stroked his beard, huffed in reply, and stomped away. 

The four agents of chaos released a breath they didn't know they'd held. Lan Wangji turned to look at the Lan Juniors. Having confirmed repentance in their expressions, he focussed on the youngest. Hanguang-Jun's I-will-not-tolerate-this-again stare made Young Mistress Jin gulp. "Chief Cultivator, forgive Fairy and me. Fairy will not cause chaos here again," he promised with a bow. Anxiety was written all over his face, as he went on "Wei Shishu, are you alright? Fairy must have broken her leash, I hope you are not hurt–" 

"Hurt?" Wei Wuxian laughed. "As long as Hanguang-Jun is here, I could never get hurt, right, Lan Zhan?" He gifted Lan Wangji with a mischievous grin – which produced a faint upturn of the latter's lips. 

"That's right! Never fear, when Hanguang-Jun is here! Wei Wuxian, ah, Wei Wuxian, you will forever remain shameless," boomed a loud voice, the laughter in its tone ringing like a thunderstorm. The interrupter strode into the Cloud Recesses compound. Dressed in purple, robes embellished with the Lotus, purple sparks emanating from his mother's ring on the left hand, the other clenched around an aubergine sheath containing the renowned sword. Sandu. 

"Jiang Cheng! What are you doing here?" Wei Wuxian exclaimed in surprise. 

Rolling his eyes, the intruder retaliated, "Do I need your permission to come to break my nephew's legs?" He glared at Jin Ling, who gasped. 

"Jiujiu... Wei Shishu, help me!" he cried, scurrying to hide behind his favourite uncle. Lan Jingyi and Lan Sizhui did their best to refrain from bursting with laughter, for it was a rare sight to see arrogant Young Mistress Jin cowering behind another. 

Lan Wangji, on the other hand, was hardly amused. Sensing this would only lead to more chaos, he decided to intervene. Stepping in front of his husband, he addressed the Angry Lotus. "Sect Leader Jiang." 

"Chief Cultivator." Both bowed to each other. Lowering his voice to a formal tone, he continued, "You wished to see me?" 

"Huh? Lan Zhan, you invited him?" Wei Wuxian asked, bewildered. 

"Mn. Sect Leader Jiang, it's about..." Lan Wangji's voice trailed off. Remembering that Wei Wuxian and the children were behind, he gestured the fellow sect leader to follow him to his study. The Juniors knew better than to interfere. They strolled back to where their other classmates were, chanting "See you, Senior Wei!" "See you, Wei Shishu!" 

Wei Wuxian, waving back, naturally followed his husband and brother; but only after a few steps, Lan Wangji stopped. 

"Wei Ying, wait for me, will you?" he said. Whatever they were to discuss, Wei Wuxian was not to listen in. 

Wei Wuxian barely managed to nod, and the two great cultivators left him standing there, shock and worry darkening his aura. It was the first time the Chief Cultivator had denied his partner permission to be by his side during a meeting – the first time he'd denied him anything

'What's going on?' Wei Wuxian wondered as he dragged his feet away.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Translations : For those who do not know, Jiujiu is used to address your mother's brother [Jin Ling's mother = Shijie, who's brother = JC]. I wrote Jiujiu instead of Uncle here for two reasons: 

1. To show the difference in Jin Ling's address between Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian. As shown in the MDZS donghua, Jiang Cheng is called Jiujiu, while Wei Wuxian said that he was Jin Ling's Shishu, as in Senior Uncle, because they weren't blood-related, but he was Shijie's Junior Brother. 

2. It just sounds so cute?! 🥺😅

A/N: Sorry for the eventless update. Wanted to start with some softness and laughter, before getting serious 😎.

Oh, and don't worry, the remaining Junior Agent of Chaos is coming soon! 🤗

edit: changed Uncle Wei to Wei Shishu for better understanding of relationships