After drinking a bellyful of wine, it was this sort of tasty, homely noodle dish that warmed a man's heart.

"You're not eating?" Jungkook asked.

As Lisa had not needed to fend off the drinks pressed upon her earlier, she had eaten her fill. She pulled up a chair to sit opposite him: "I'm not hungry. Eat up." Jungkook nodded, and unceremoniously slurped up the noodles.

The dining room was connected to the living room. A simple crystal lamp hung suspended over their heads. By the light of the lamp, Jungkook's face became even more compelling in its heroic cast, while his jet-black eyebrows were like two darkly engraved ticks.

As Lisa watched him quietly eating the noodles, her mood became extremely tender. This was their first encounter of such a nature; he was hungry at night, she cooked him noodles and accompanied him as he ate. The atmosphere was really peaceful, as the night gradually became tranquil.

The meal was quickly finished. Lisa took up the bowl and chopsticks: "I'll wash the dishes."

However, Jungkook took the bowl and chopsticks from her: "You had the trouble of cooking the noodles, so I will tidy up. Go and take a bath." As he spoke, his tall, broad body pressed close to hers. His voice resonated at the top of her head, and within the deep tones was something ineffably alluring. Lisa's cheeks burned, and she nodded.

The minute Lisa entered the bathroom. Jungkook speedily washed up looked at his watch, took up Lisa's keys from the table, and went downstairs.

As a result of that night's dinner, Lisa smelt of cigarette smoke and alcohol.

Moreover, she felt somewhat nervous. Thus, her bath took longer than usual. By the time she emerged from the bathroom, an hour had already passed.

Walking into the living room, she discovered that the lights had, at some point, been dimmed. With only a standing lamp, the entire apartment was dim, while the stars shone as bright as gems in the night sky outside the window.

Jungkook sat on the sofa, quietly watching her. On the coffee table, an opened bottle of red wine, two wine glasses, and two slices of chocolate cake was placed in front of him. There was also a fragrance hovering in the dim room. Not only that, beside him was a huge bouquet of blue roses wrapped in plain paper, quietly enchanting in full bloom.

Lisa laughed: "Where did you get so many things?"

Jungkook smiled wordlessly, and got up: "I'm going to take a bath."

Lisa nodded: "I've placed a set of my brother's clean clothes in the bathroom. You can chuck the clothes you're wearing now into the basket at the bathroom door."

"Ok. Thanks." Jungkook opened the bathroom door.

Lisa looked closely at the flowers. Every stalk was fresh and delicate, and it seemed as if he had prepared this earlier. She placed them into a flower vase, then walked to the bathroom door and retrieved the clothes within the basket: "Can I put these clothes into the washing machine?"

Apart from the sound of splashing water from the bathroom, Jungkook's raised voice was heard: "Ok."

Lisa opened the washing machine, and removed the contents of his trouser pockets, placing them on the shelf outside the bathroom. After a while, she suddenly looked at his wallet.

There were two receipts crammed under his wallet. She drew them out and unfolded them for a closer look. One was a signed delivery receipt from a flower shop. The time the order was placed was from the previous day, while the delivery time was just half an hour ago. It looked as if he had called them to deliver the flowers in the middle of the night. However, with such expensive flowers, it was no surprise that the shop was willing to offer a 24-hour delivery service.