"Nope."

He was so mean, cruel, a monster that didn't care about my happiness. The true fact remained was never going to have forty Million dollars till heaven knows when, and I wasn't going to get arrested or be in trouble.  "Okay, I agree." I accepted his condition, assuring myself that I was going to divorce him the next day or the week after the marriage. That assurance made me smirk. 

"What's with that face?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I guess I should be excited to receive a marriage proposal from a Millionaire, I can finally be rich."

He stared at me in skepticism but placed the phone on his ear again. "Sorry for the interruption. I'll pay the money."

Silence…

He frowned. "Don't yell at me. I'm not changing my decision, as long as she doesn't change her mind. I'm not confused. We'll finalize everything next week." Silence again. "Okay, goodbye." He ended the call then threw the phone to the bed, gazing at me.

"This is so unfair. Doesn't he have insurance for it? I shouldn't bear the loss, now I have to marry—"

— "me." He completed my sentence. 

"This is definitely not what I imagined for my life, I didn't ever think my wedding would happen this way." I rose to my feet but he pulled me back to the bed.

"Where are you going?" 

"We're not married,"

— "yet."

"I don't live here, I have to return home, okay?"

"The doctor said you shouldn't stress your sprained ankle." Like he cared. 

"It's okay. It's my sprained ankle not yours, I'll deal with it myself. Thank you." I tried to stand again but he held my arms. 

"Don't you get it? You'll be mine soon and I care about your body. I don't like it when you're hurt. You should sleep." He stroked my bare arms with his fingers.

"So I shouldn't return home?"

"Don't you want to spend a little more time with your future husband?" He kissed the crook of my neck. 

His action made my breath seize. "Hames," I pushed him away by his chest. "I don't feel comfortable being this close to you, on your bed. I want to go home right now."

"Okay, fine." He rolled his eyes, rose to his feet and scooped me up in his arms. 

"What are you doing?" I was confused by this but still placed my arms around his neck, to be comfortable. 

"I don't want you to stress your ankle so I'm carrying you to the car." He said and started walking out of the room. 

I wanted to argue against it but it was best if I didn't so I remained quiet.

What was wrong with this man? How could he want to marry someone who didn't love him? I was definitely getting a divorce soon.

Just when I was beginning to think of him differently and like his sweet part, he brought this up? Couldn't he be patient enough to prove himself worthy of my love? Asshole.

Anyway, I was glad I wasn't going to be bothered by how to pay such a huge sum of money. Why had I decided to see the stupid fireworks? Why had John decided to propose in his office?

Hames walked down the stairs, still carrying me in his arms. 

"I like it when you stare at me, admiring me." He chuckled. "When we get married, you'll stare at me all day and night. I can't wait."

"I didn't realize I was staring at you." I huffed and averted my gaze from him. 

"You didn't realize but you were. You're unconsciously in love with me too." He said and I scoffed.

A maid opened the main door then he stepped out of it and walked up to a car parked in front of his mansion. 

He called for a driver who opened the car door. "Be safe and healthy. We'll start the preparation for our wedding."

"Start the preparation? Isn't it too soon?"

"It's not. We're getting married next week." 

"Next week?!" I screamed. 

"Yes, it's just me, you, family and a few friends. Have a nice time." He placed me in the backseat and shut the door. "Please drive her home safely." He said to the Driver who nodded and got into the backseat. 

Was this a dream? Was I really getting married to Hames Hendrix, my boss, next week? Gosh, that was going to be torturous for me, I was certain of that.

I was either going to get a divorce or love him too…