Chapter 2

George

"George earth to Georgie?!" Karl cooed frustrated with a raised eyebrow waving a hand in his bestfriends face.
I snap back to reality turning my head to face him with a sleepy "hmm"
"You've been staring out the window for the entire class, it's now lunch" he said tapping his foot arms crossed looking at me with disappointment.
"Mm sorry" I yawned stretching out of my day dream.
"What are you even thinking about? Like you're usually spaced out but I thought you said you got a good night sleep last night" he placed a hand to my forehead checking for a fever I just smiled it's cute how much he cares.
"I did, just had a weird dream is all" I say but the concern in his eyes doesn't seem convinced.
"I'm okay Karl promise" i try to give him a reassuring smile placing my hand atop his on my shoulder.
"Hmm okay, well anyway yet go get some lunch" Karl orders as we stand up heading to the cafeteria.

I wish it was something I could turn off but honestly, I can't get the dream off my mind, more specifically the boy in it. Usually if there's a person in my dreams it's someone I know or at least they tell me about themselves, but all I got from him was a simple "hi" so why has it affected me so much.
His smile imprinted in my mind so bright, it's hard to fathom how someone can smile so happy towards someone they have never met.
I didn't even realise I had been subconsciously smiling thinking about it until my eyes met Karls confused face, well groomed eyebrows raised, shovelling fries into his mouth just watching me.

"What?" I say defensively averting my eyes from his judging gaze.
"Your smiling, what arent you telling me"
Was all he said whilst throwing a fry at my face causing me to glare back at him.
"I'm allowed to smile"
"I know that! I love your smile... but this is different. You're smiling for no reason, so I wanna know the reason!" He began taping his fingers on the table similar to the way an impatient teacher would, whilst waiting for you to hand in your homework.
"I don't know okay! I'm just in a good mood" he looked at me in disbelief seeing right through my babble, but what was I gonna say 'oh yea Karl I'm smiling like an idiot because some random attractive guys showed up in my weird ass dream' wait attractive?!. I felt my cheeks heat up and was thankful Karl had gone back to scrolling through his phone.

Plugging in my headphones I made a conscious effort to not space out for the rest of the school day. "I mean what am I even spacing out for? I had a good night sleep and after all it was just a stupid dream. Dream..." Something about the word flowed so nicley. It was sweet and felt right. Despite my efforts to focus of my classes, everytime I blinked I sore those piercing emerald eyes, its almost like they were haunting me. I ruffle my hair letting out a grunt of disapproval as if that would somehow stop me from thinking about it.

"I'm home"
Silence
As usual, I kick off my shoes and walk upstairs. Same routine, walk upstairs, have a shower, take a pill and go to bed. That's it right? My life?.....
I close my eyes letting the drug induces drowsiness take over my body limb by limb. As I felt that familiar spinning sensation sensation had felt the night before my hearts pace starts to increase. I was scared but also...exited?

Opening my eyes, this time I awake laying down on a torn, coloured leather seat. It appears to be some kind of spinning ride I suppose? Not really a roller coaster as it just went around in a circle; it seems like the kind of ride I was simply feel sick on. Surprisingly it wasn't as foggy as yesterday there was still a haze and as I walked out of the ride I could tell there was still a thick cloud cover blocking the sun.
Walking around this area of, I'm assuming the same old park there is more plant cover. Tall trees around a clear pathway and autumn tinted red and orange leaves covering the ground moving slightly with the soft wind. It was less...creepy.
Strolling slowly along the path I almost completely forget about the person I had seen yesterday, that is until I met that same hill from last night, and sure enough there at the top I sore the sudden moment of wavy blonde hair.
Without thinking I began to sprint up the hill practically blindly just driven by the rapid impulse perpeling me forward.

Puffing, eyes foged over eith the pound in my head I ran smack bang into somthinf falling to the ground. Surprisingly it was a soft landing and there was warmth cradling my back.
I lean up and open my eyes to see a goofy grin and those pricing green eyes staring up at me. "Hi"
With how hot they felt I swear my cheeks were as red as tomatoes, I sprung backwards off him almost rolling down the hill.
"Are you okay?!" He said so calming catching my legs so I don't tumble down the hill. His touch felt so warm so, real.
"S-s-sorry i-"
"Its fine its fine don't worry" he cut my nervous babble off with a sweet smile reaching a hand out to help me up from the ground.

"Thankyou" was all I managed to say softly. Why am I so nervous? I know i get social aneixty but this is ridiculous, maybe it's cause I'm dreaming?
I glance up noticing him just staring at me, eyes tracing my whole body. What's this guy's problem? I look away.
"I'm George"
"Clay"
"Huh?"
"Pffff" he broke into a deep chuckle that sounded more like a wheeze.
"Whats so funny?" I cross my eyes looking at him with what I feel is a similar glare that Karl often gives me.
"My name... my name is Clay you idiot" he said in-between breathy laughs.
I'm not gonna lie it was hard to resist also laughing and i cracked a smile feeling like an idiot.
"Well now I feel stupid" I pout looking away.
His expression softens as concern floods his eyes
"Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you, plus I call people i like idiots"
I felt my cheeks heat up again, which annoyed me.
"Like? You don't even know me" I say rolling my eyes with a playful smile.
"I feel like I do.." the complete seriousness in his voice sent a chill down my spine, my heart was beating fast again