Prepare and Prevent

"Alright, it's time to secure a route to the treasure!" Morgana exclaimed, prancing around the table.

"Did it work?" Ann questioned.

Futaba fixed her glasses and nodded. "Sure did. This will do nicely."

"I don't feel prepared..." Haru muttered. "All of us aren't here..."

"Not everyone has been here since the beginning," Yusuke sighed. "We must make do with what forces we have."

"So, what's the plan?" Futaba asked. "How are we going to enter the palace? That Shadow or cognition... it knows how we got in. We didn't get rid of it, so there's a possibility that it's still there, surveying the palace."

"Yeah, you're right... It might expect us to go in through the manhole again," Ann agreed.

"Shall we scout for another way in?" Yusuke suggested.

"That would be in our best interest," Morgana concurred. "Let's open the Meta-Nav and take a look around."

"Okay, Futaba, it's up to you now," Haru said.

"I know, I know," Futaba chuckled. "Watch and learn."

Futaba typed a few lines of code on her laptop. The thieves watched her, trying to make sense of it. Or make sense of any of it. Futaba had said that hacking the Nav had worked, as it was an app, but since it was gifted from an otherworldly sphere...

"It requires Persona as well," Futaba stated, as if reading their thoughts. "Python and Persona."

"Python and Persona...?" Ann trailed off.

"You see, the code didn't have a loop in it, and some of the variables were messed up."

"Wha...?"

"Also, the line that triggers the Meta-Nav to activate within the Metaverse was incomplete. It was less of hacking and more of coding."

"I have no idea what you just said, but okay."

Futaba ignored Ann's response. She continued typing and pressing the ENTER key.

"It's amazing how much you can do with just a keyboard," Haru remarked.

"Once you read a line of code and understand its properties, it's not too hard to rewrite it and make new lines."

"Technology is fascinating..." Morgana breathed.

"Are you... copying and pasting from a website?" Yusuke asked.

"What, you think I come up with all this stuff?" Futaba retorted. "Coding is trial and error, you know."

"I'll never understand it..." Ann sighed.

"And... there we go. The program should work now."

Futaba pulled the plug connecting her phone and laptop together.

"Just stick your phones in there and let the files load."

Haru, Yusuke, and Ann did so.