The rest of the trio's time at Yancy wasn't anything too exciting. Well, Percy felt that there had been some good moments thanks to Maggie's spunky attitude. The odd presence of her happiness made him feel like he shouldn't run it. At the beginning of the year, Maggie had been closed off and very unlike her naturally chaotic self. The only time he had seen the old emotions arise once more was when they had left for their homes during Christmas break. He had a suspicion that her life back home may not have been anything too grand. Percy hoped that it wasn't anything too serious. His own situation with Gabe (something that he still had not resolved), might make things a little harder. If he couldn't help himself, how was he supposed to be able to help his friend?

He was grateful that she wasn't upset about having to go home soon. And, in order to not put an end to it, he neglected to tell her that he had been expelled.

Percy knew that it really wasn't a good idea, and that it would probably come back to bite him. But did he really care? At the moment, no.

As the days passed by, however, not even Maggie's attitude could cheer Percy up. He had become more irritated and had begun to continuously pick fights with Nancy Bobofit. His grades dropped and, and he was sent out into the hallways almost every class due to rude remarks. He was both dreading and grateful for the end of the school year.

Maggie was having particular trouble later that evening when she had tried to help Percy study for the many exams that they were both dreading.

"How do you even remember all this?" Percy complained. "I swear you pay less attention in class than I do!"

"I learned it on my own time. Mr. Cat made it seem confusing, so I just tried to use the textbook and some youtube videos." Maggie answered.

"I don't think that our teacher even taught us this stuff last year. I didn't even have to know this for actual work. The stupid exams bring up math that we might have gone over once that we will never use in our lives!" he complained. "How do you know the stuff from Mr. Brunner?"

"I kinda... just remember? Look, Percy, I don't think I'm qualified to teach you this, you're not the only ADHD kid here, so why don't we go down and talk to Mr. Brunner? Maybe we'll catch Grover trying to raid the kitchens or something."

Before the boy even had a chance to answer, his green haired friend was already out the door.

He followed her through the winding hallways trying to keep up with her quick skipping. Percy knew that he had never thought it would have been possible to skip down stairs before he met Maggie.

They finally made it down to the professor's office when their attention was drawn to the loud voices.

"I don't want to leave him alone this summer." Grover cried. "I mean, there was a kindly one in the school for crying out loud! And Percy knows something's up. Maggie hasn't told him anything, but I think that she doesn't trust herself right now. She destroyed the mannequins in the basement last tuesday."

"We would only make matters worse by rushing him." Mr. Brunner spoke up. "We need the boy to mature more."

"But he may not have time! The summer solstice deadline-"

"Will have to be resolved without him. Grover, let him enjoy his ignorance while he still can."

"Sir he saw her-"

"His imagination." Mr. Brunner insisted. "The Mist over the other students and staff will be enough to convince him of that."

Grover let out a bleat. "But what about Magnolia? She isn't affected. It's a miracle she hasn't said anything yet. Sir, I... I can't faiL my duties again... You know what that would mean."

"You haven't failed Grover." Mr. Brunner reassured him. "I should have seen her for who she was. Now, let's worry about keeping Percy alive until next fall-"

Percy dropped his textbook, silencing everyone. Maggie let out a quiet "crap" before pulling the boy into a closet. His slightly panicked breathing made her own anxiety rise.

"You should head back, Grover," Mr. Brunner finally spoke. "You have exams tomorrow."

"Don't remind me."

Both Percy and Maggie were grateful they could get out of the closet, especially Percy.