01

Percy looked at the small bean sleeping on his shoulder. He didn't want to wake her up, but the bus was almost at the museum. He hesitantly reached out a hand in order to slightly shake her. However, before his hand could make contact with her shoulder, the driver sped over a speed bump, causing everyone to fly out of their seats. The result of the madness was Maggie being woken up by the impact of her head on the seat in front of them. Percy heard Grover let out a small snort as Maggie quietly insulted the bus driver.

Despite the fact that she had already been sleeping, Maggie seemed to keep wanting to doze off once more. Percy wasn't sure why she was so tired, which left him worried for his best friend. Her head kept falling ontoThe two boys went to extreme measures in an attempt to keep the girl awake. Grover even tried to sing Maggie's favorite songs.

It wasn't until Nancy Bobofit began to launch the pieces of her sandwich toward Grover that she really looked awake. Percy couldn't blame her. It was taking everything in his power to stop himself from getting up to confront the girl. He had admitted that part of the reason he hadn't done so yet was because of the funny image in front of him.

Maggie normally wasn't one to get mad about anything. When it came to her she didn't care what people thought. Someone didn't like her bright green hair, whatever. They laughed at her style choices, so what. If they thought her glasses made her look ugly, she would simply respond with a tiny insult back. However, she never let anything go when it came to her friends. Once, someone had cornered Percy in a hallway during school hours. Maggie had wasted no time in tracking the boy down and punching him in the face. No one had expected the tiny, innocent, nature-loving, crazy, kind, calm Magnolia Hope to actually punch someone.

As the pieces of food continued to rain down, Maggie gradually curled into herself. She eventually looked like an angry bean viciously picking at the many bracelets that encased her wrists. Percy wasn't much better. He continued to clench and unclench his fist.

When Grover moved to dodge, yet another piece of sandwich, the two twelve year olds lost it.

"That's it!" Percy mumbled. "I'm going to kill her."

"I'll help." Maggie added.

"You're already on probation Percy. You know you'll get blamed if anything happens." Grover reminded him.

"That's ok. I can just do it for him."

"Magnolia," Grover continued, eyeing the girl nervously as she continued to pull at her bracelets. "I don't want to deal with murder. Please."

Reluctantly, the two agreed. However, Maggie did promise that if anything else happened, she would find a way to "Avada Kedavra" the girl using wandless magic while simultaneously feeding her poisonous plants.