Forgiveness - True Self Revealed

Start from the beginning

"Reina, Reina? Are you okay?" Naruto asked, bringing his hand uo to my forehead. "You're...warm. Iruka-sensei told me to get some water if someones forehead was too warm, be right back!"

Naruto grinned and ran out the room, going to get a towel and some medicine perhaps. My heart was beating rather abnormally, but not because of Naruto, but over fear. Someone, something was trying to get inside my head, I don't know what it is, but I can already tell this voice is bad news. I clicked my tongue and threw myself back onto my bed, my body hitting the soft cushioning. 'Why...Why is it that everything that has happened to me so far is full of pain? The C-rank mission we first received, these damned exams, the forest, the preliminaries, and now...Gaara?' I thought to myself, frowning at the thought. 'If what Gaara said was true, I might as well go along with it. However, just by choosing what he said, it could lead to my downfall. 

Hate is what makes us stronger. You need it to achieve.

'Hate... The thing that brought me all this way. If I was never in such a hated clan I would never receive such looks nowadays, if I was never in a hated clan like my own... I wouldn't be here today. Hate is what made me today, and hate is what I'm going to need to continue down my path.' I mused, reaching up in the air, clenching my fist tightly. 'Hate is always in the air, we just need to grab a hold of it use it wisely. Kinda how Sasuke, Naruto and Gaara are currently taking advantage of it. All three of them are hated in one way or another, but they seem to be so strong given the words they are called, or people they are seen as. But with Sasuke it's different, he hates someone and he's getting so much stronger just by thinking of that person. I need to learn and do what they are doing, I need to get stronger to show everyone I'm not the monster they see me as. They'll see I'm better then that, that I'm a really nice person once you get to know me. I'm Reina, Reina Hizo, the sole survivor of the murderous and power hungry clan that everyone hated for so many reasons. Now is my chance, my chance to change all of those lies that surround my name.'

"I never thought I would go down this path...but fate led to this." I muttered, bringing my fist back down to my side. "It's only a matter of time."

My room door opened, I snapped my gaze towards the door and waited for Naruto to step in with his usual cheery voice. But not a sound was heard.

"Naruto, are you back already?" I asked, sitting up with my elbows holding my weight. "You know you didn't have to go through the trouble to help me, right?"

Again, there was not a single sound. It was starting to worry me...

"Naruto...?" I asked.

"Hm, so it seems he managed to get here before I could. It seems like he meant his words, how honorable." Dad said, entering the room with a closed eye smile.

A smile made it's way to my lips at his presence. I had so much to tell him about the forest of death and struggles we went through as a team. I opened my mouth and began to speak, "Dad, it's nice to see you again. You don't what the team and I went through in the damn forest, it was exhausting!" I beamed, overly excited to see the man I called my Dad, the one who loved and cared for me over the past years. "Did you see my fight, the one I kinda lost...? Do you think--?"

"Why did you lose...?" He asked, stepping into the room and shutting the door behind him.

I was at a loss for words, "W-What?" I asked, gulping in fear.

What was up with Dad all of a sudden? I haven't seen him act like this before...ever.

"Why did you let him beat you?" Dad shouted, slamming his fist against the door, the door cracking at the excessive amount of force he used. I flinched in shock, my eyes widening, filling with an emotion I have never felt around him; fear.