23 || Rumor has it

When I walk to breakfast on Wednesday morning something feels off. The amount of people staring at me has immensely decreased. It's not like I'm complaining... it's just that it's suspicious.

I sit down next to Neville and opposite Hermione. The four of us indulge in a normal conversation, but I am slightly distracted by the amount of students whispering and laughing as they occasionally look towards the slytherin table. Trying to figure out what this is all about, I follow their gaze towards my friends. Nothing seems out of the ordinary until Draco furiously throws his plate across the table and storms out of the Great Hall. I furrow my eyebrows while the wheels in my brain are trying to puzzle the pieces together.

Then it hits me. Pansy wanted revenge on Draco.

What has she done?

That question is answered rather quickly when Ginny joins us and sits down next to me. "Did you hear?" She asks amusedly.

"Hear what?" Ron questions before taking another bite of his breakfast.

"About Malfoy!" She purposely delays telling us to build the tension.

"What about him?" Hermione responds with clear disgust written all over her face.

"You're not going to believe this!" She exclaims while smirking.

"Spit it out!" I reply annoyed, too curious for my own good.

"He's gay!" She squeals excitedly.

Ron chokes on the drink he was just peacefully drinking while Neville's jaw falls open. Hermione and I stare at each other in disbelief. For just a moment I forget that this is Pansy's doing and that this is all a big fat lie. The weird part is how many people are actually believing this. Thinking about it, Draco has never had a girlfriend. Sure, you always see him close to girls, but I've never actually seen him kiss someone. Then, I shake my head to get that crazy idea out of it. He tried to drug Pansy to have sex with her, why would he do that if he were gay?

No, there's no way he's gay.

Pansy must be over the moon. Her plan is extremely successful.

"That can't be! I caught him staring at my breasts multiple times!" Hermione exclaims.

"He has never had a girlfriend though." Ron counters.

"That doesn't say anything." I reply to Ron.

We talk about it a little while longer until continuing our normal conversation. When I see Pansy leaving the Great Hall, I quickly excuse myself and run after her. Having caught up, I grab her arm and drag her to a private corner. "I thought we wouldn't do anything." I whisper.

"We wouldn't. But I would... and I did." She speaks smugly, a big grin plastered on her face.

"Bitch, you're a genius!" I exclaim, incredibly impressed with her for pulling this off.

"I know right? I guess this wasn't about yesterday at all... this was me getting back at him for last year. And man does it feel good!" She's beyond ecstatic. "I created chaos, y/n! Blaise and the boys want nothing to do with him anymore, their masculinity is too fragile to have a gay friend, and Daphne hasn't said a word since she heard the rumor."

"You are my role model, Pansy Parkinson." I compliment her while locking arms with her and walking towards our first class of the day.

Draco is absent in all of the classes we share together and is very much the talk of the day. At one point I even heard a Ravenclaw boy admit that he'd 'smash' him. Even though the homophobia from some people scares me, it feels kind of good to see Malfoy getting what he deserves. He's always been a bully and now he can experience it for himself. It seems like his last year at Hogwarts won't be much fun for him.