Ch 9. Founder's party

Start from the beginning

"I admire your efforts, Stefan", Damon announced with a smirk. Stefan stared up at his older brother disappointed. But his face did not give away a thing.

"Pouring yourself a drink", then spiking the bottle with vervain", he continues causing Stefan to lower his head in defeat. Damon was somewhat impressed the Stefan had the guts to pull this off. It would have worked with anyone else but not him, he wasn't that dumb to fall for such cheap tricks.

"I'm not some drunk sorority chick. You can't roofie me", He asserted causing Stefan to look even more disappointed.

"But I can't help but feel a little-used", Damon stated while adjusting his cuff links.

"And here I thought we were having a moment. Huh, now I have to go to the party angry", Damon said adding a slight threat to his voice enough to make Stefan anxious. The younger Salvatore looked up at his brother. Reading into everything he was saying.

Even though Stefan was trying his best to stay calm and expressionless Damon could see right through him causing his smirk to widen. Moving towards Stefan and mockingly patting his shoulder he threatened before storming out of the boarding to see his favourite blond,
"Who knows what I'll do".

◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼

"So what do you think?", Caroline asked as she flaunted her yellow dress which she has selected as one of the choices for today's founder's party, her questioning expression and raised eyebrows asking for his opinion on how she looked in it while Damon longed on her bed with a book in hand.

She wasn't even the slightest surprised when she had noticed Damon reflection in her mirror, laying on the bed in a killer suit of all things when she had entered her room with her phone in hand simultaneously texting her Let's Taco 🌮 Bout It group chat.

She and Damon had gotten into this weird routine this past week where he would barge into her room uninvited and would only leave when Caroline would kick him out. Most of the time they would discuss the council and vampire business but the rest of the time they would spend with either them arguing about something or just talking about random things that would mostly consist of Damon bad attempts of flirting and Caroline's constant eye rolls and the occasional "seriously" or them hanging out in silence. For example, when Caroline is doing homework Damon know better than to disturb her. He would lay on her bed reading a book from her collection or doing something on his phone only speaking out when he was bored of the silence.

Caroline gathered that since he doesn't know anyone except Stefan, (who he is on bad terms with) she was his only option to cure his boredom since she was kind of his friend, no that sounds wrong more like his only acquaintance in this town

Damon would even crash her movie nights and walk in on so many video calls that she would have with her friends rendering most of them believe that she now had a secret boyfriend. Caroline just knows that she was going to get bombed with so many questions on the weekend when she finally visits them and she was not looking forward to that part at all.

"No yellow. Childish. Go for the blue", Damon answered after taking a good look at her causing Caroline to pout at his reply. She liked the yellow.

"I don't like the blue", she replied as she continued to pout (which made Damon admit, was kinda cute), turning around to get another glance of the dress in the mirror.