As I laid on my bed staring at the white ceiling I thought about what had happened today. The only good thing to come out of today was my reaction. We all talk about scenarios and what we would do if someone tried to do something to us. We all say we would fight or find a way to escape when in reality everyone panics or freezes.

Don't get me wrong, I was scared and I was panicking but I think my reaction was a good response. I didn't panic as much as I thought I would and I was able to contact help even though it didn't arrive.

I was a strong person, I am a strong person and I can overcome anything.

@=#~=~#=@

The next morning I woke up at a ridiculously early time and spent a good hour or so just staying in bed and doing nothing. I needed that time, it helped me process the event of the previous day.

I would have stayed in bed all day but my stomach started rumbling and I needed food. Once I was downstairs I noticed my bag and phone on the kitchen counter. A shiver ran through me as I thought about Vladamir entering the house while I was asleep. Did he come to my room? Did he do anything else?

The plan for the day was to figure out my next move and come up with a plan. Not just about Vladamir but about my life in general. I wanted to move to the next stage of my life and that means I needed to get a job.

I've had many part time jobs as a student but after I graduated it was extremely hard to find a job I liked with good pay. The jobs I did like seemed to always have such shitty pay. At first I decided not to apply for those thinking I could find better ones but I know realise that I had to get one of these jobs as there was nothing else for me.

That's what I was doing, looking for soul destroying jobs, when my landlord texted me to let me know he was coming over to speak to me.

Did he know about the broken door? The door was completely different to what was there before but it was new and better so he can't be coming over for that, right?

I made sure to tidy everything up and was waiting for him when he rang the doorbell. Putting a fake smile on my face, I went over and opened the door.

"Hi Dennis." I said cheerfully. "How have you been?"

Dennis was a 40 something fat man with thick bushy eyebrows and a receding hairline. He always dressed as though he was about to workout and always had grey t-shirt that accentuated his large belly.

"I need to talk to you Leah." Dennis told me as we headed over to the living room.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as we sat down on the sofa.

Dennis looked at me sympathetically and let out a sigh. "Unfortunately things are going to change."

I had no idea what he was talking about so I waited for him to carry on.

"There's no other way for me to say it. Your rent price is increasing."

"Oh." I muttered. The rent wasn't too bad and was manageable. It was actually pretty decent if I think about it. The house had two floors and in those two floors there were two bedrooms, one big bathroom, a moderate sized living room and a decent kitchen.

If the price was increasing by £100 or £200 I could handle it. Things would be tight but it was possible and once I got a job things would get better. Worst case scenario I could always get a roommate.

"How much is it increasing by?" I asked with bated breath.

"It's doubling."

"What?" I spluttered out. "Why are you doubling it? I don't understand."

"It's the new policy I'm afraid. Here." Dennis handed me some files and guested for me to read it. "The new price will come in effect from next month."

Fuck, I thought to myself as I skimmed the documents.

"Can't you give me some time? Another extra month?" I pleaded as I looked up. If I wasn't able to find a job soon, I could get a roommate or even find somewhere else to live. It wouldn't be as good as this place but with the new rent price there was no way I could afford living here. An extra month would allow me time to figure things out.

"Sorry, starting from next month that's the new price. Anyways it's not up to me."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm selling this house, I was offered triple the amount of money this house is valued for. I would be stupid to say no. I did tell the new owner that you live here and they agreed for you to stay here but of course they have increased the rent."

"I didn't even know the house was up for sale." I muttered as I stared at the documents, wishing it would somehow change.

The new owner clearly does not want me to stay in this house and was bumping the rent as a way to kick me out. There must be some law in place that did not allow them to kick me out which is probably why they increased the price so I would leave on my own.

"It wasn't but I received an offer from Mr Dufara that was too good to pass."

Dufara?

"Wait, what's the new owner called?"

Dennis fiddled around with his own documents before straightening a page and skimming through it.

"Ah, there it is. His name is Vladamir Dufara."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

Let me know what you think of the story so far. 

I will upload a new chapter next week but you can read ahead on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you so much to everyone who reads, comments and votes. I really appreciate your support!

-Kayy xx