Derek chuckles, hands moving to his pockets, smiling at her as she ate like a man who hadn't seen a scrap of food in two months, "Really?"

"Remember when I said you owed me dinner if I had to save your ass again? I want you to cook." She spoke through a mouthful of bacon now

"Oh yeah?" He mocked, reaching forward to snatch a fried potato off her plate, making her whine, "I'll have to keep that in mind."

"I like Italian." She smiled

"Hey, you can't expect me to do all the cooking!" He exclaimed

She scrunches her nose, "Well considering I can't cook, I doubt that'll happen."

"I'll teach you."

Her eyes widened for a moment before she smiled, "I'll hold you to that." Her brows furrowed, "Wait you're on team bad guy, aren't I supposed to be mad at you?"

Derek's smile faded into his usual stoic face and Icarus realized she really liked his smile, it changed his whole face. As his face changed back to normal, Icarus relaxed her own face, wiping all emotions from it. She couldn't get attached to grumpy mcgrumpy, not when he's on team bad guy. Her eyes moved back to the plate and Derek watched her, he could see the gears turning in her head as she looked back up at him. Both said nothing but there was an understanding in their silence, neither would speak of this moment, not even to each other.

"Thank you."

☄▐

ICARUS FLINCHED when her phone rang, startling her dogs awake. She smiled at them, muttering a sorry as she picked it up, sliding the answer button to the left and answering the caller.

"McCall."

"Hi, Ms.McCall, this is James from David Autobody, we're just calling to let you know that your car has been fixed and ready to be picked up when you're ready."

Icarus sat up a little straighter, "My cars done already? It's been like two weeks, maybe not even that."

"Uh, we received a call from someone who would like to remain anonymous, and he wanted to pay cash up front for your car and more if we made it a top priority and get it to you quickly." There was a pause, "He also said to tell you, 'sucks you missed the game', if that means anything to you."

"Huh," Icarus chuckles lightly, "Well thank you James, I'll pick up my car as soon as possible."

"Alright and there's no need for you to pay it's all been covered."

With one final thank you she hangs up the phone, smiling lightly she laughs. Jackson Whittemore was more than she had originally expected, and he payed in full for her car. But why? She smiled a little bigger and reached down to August and Boston.

"Hear that, boys? We get our ride back." She cheered quietly, scratching their heads

"Icarus!" Her mother exclaimed, rushing down the stairs as she placed her earring in her ear

"Hey, mom." The veteran greeted, standing up, "What's with the fancy get up? Got a hot date? Please don't have a hot date, you can't date before me─ that's just wrong."

Melissa laughed, walking forward to peek out the living room windows, "Actually I do have a date, Pip."

"Mom!" Icarus whined, "Don't call me that!"