Prepare Mission Survival

As light started to flicker through the trees, dappling the ground with golden flecks of sun the witchling stirred. She shifted a little at first, a soft hum escaping her before her eyes fluttered open. A tired sigh rolled past her lips as she slowly sat up, rubbing at her head as her body ached from the hardness of the ground she slept on. When her senses started to kick in, her eyes widened in disbelief as she glanced around at the forest around her.

It took her a moment to realize where she was, before the events that unfolded from the night before suddenly flowed back to her. She gasped, her hand trailing from her crown down to her stomach. She closed her eyes, blacking out the world once again as she calmed her breath. She carefully focused, looking for the girl she had hidden away.

After a moment she could feel Luz shift a little inside her, another breath of air escaping the young witch yet this one was of relief rather than fear.

Her eyes flickered open as a fond smile played across her face. She slowly pulled herself to her feet, looking around the forest that surrounded them like walls on all sides. The trees that looked dark and frightening in the night before seemed calmer now. Although at the same exact time, the silence was unsettling. There were no birds, at least the Boiling Isle's equivalent at that.

Feeling rather nervous about staying in one place, she chose to walk through the unknown woods and see where her feet would take her. It didn't take her long to realize that her exhaustion wasn't caused simply from the struggle from before, but hunger too.

She hadn't eaten since she swallowed down the girl, which in her book didn't count. Luz wasn't her food, and the witch grimaced at the thought.

That meant that the last time she'd eaten was yesterday morning, because the rest of the day she was far too nervous as she tried to build up her courage to ask Luz to the dance. Now she regretted turning down an offer of a drink from Willow at the concessions table.

'That doesn't matter now.' , she decided. She needed to find food for sure, she disliked the idea of eating a meal when she still had the girl nestled inside of her. The thought made her feel a little ill, but she simply swallowed and shook her head. 'Wait till she wakes up.' She reasoned.

As she continued walking she melted away into her thoughts, paying no mind as to where her feet carried her. She only truly realized where she was when she stepped through some brambles into a clearing. It was the Owl House.

She could see Hooty from here, she was only lucky the infernal bird was sound asleep as she paced away and melted back into the shadows.

She traced her hand through the air as light left her fingertips. With the spell her senses intensified as she listened carefully. Hooty was the only one home, meaning Edalyn and King were out. That seemed to be a good thing, the only question was what now?

She sat herself down on a fallen tree, tapping her foot lightly in thought. An idea finally came, although it was risky. It wouldn't be a good idea to try and seek help from Luz's mentor. The rules were clear, no help could be given to the pair now that Gromtheus was on the loose. But, that didn't mean there wasn't anything useful in the Owl House itself.

She glanced down at her dirty tattered dress and decided it was worth a shot. Her only real obstacle was the guard of the house.

She approached the house cautiously, hesitating briefly before tapping at the door. The resident shifted with a high pitched hum before his eyes flashed open.

"OOOOOOOOH! Hiya Amity Cramity! How are you? It's been so loooong, almost longer than meeeee!" He shrieked in his usual tone that caused Amity to grit her teeth.