39• we need to talk

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I understand" Cat nodded. "We'll leave you to it"

"I'll cook some veggie soup for lunch" Sammy mumbled, before closing the door behind her.

"Okay, thank you"

Once they had gone and I was by myself, I locked the bathroom door and stripped out of my party dress. I took a quick glance at the stains on it and tossed it onto the floor. It reeked of alcohol and sweat.

I took a good look at beaten up self in the mirror. My reflection did indeed look like a zombie. Pale, colorless skin, smeared makeup, messy hair.. and the smell..

I grabbed some makeup wipes and got to work, stepped into the shower and took my time to wash away the mess of last night. I couldn't remember it ever being this bad. Worst hangover for sure. What upset me even more was that chunks of my memory were still missing.

The warm water felt relaxing on my skin. I made sure not to turn it up too hot since that could easily make me faint in my hungover state. Soon I smelled of mango and coconut. I washed my hair, more thoroughly than usual, massaging my scalp in another attempt to ease the headache.

Almost nothing in the world felt more satisfying than taking a shower when you really needed one but after about 20 minutes of hot water, steam and standing up, I was starting to get dizzy.

Sammy was probably right. We should all get some food into our system.

At least I didn't feel sick anymore or to be more precise, I didn't feel like I had to throw up again. I only felt drained now and my head was still killing me. After some lotion and a change of clothes I felt like a new person. I decided to let my hair air dry and joined the others in the kitchen.

I had spent that time in the bathroom thinking about absolutely nothing but the calming sensation of the hot water on my skin. After a couple spoonfuls of soup and some bites of bread though, my head was feeling better and almost immediately, Taehyung popped back into my thoughts.

I wished I could remember what we had talked about last night but the memory just wouldn't come back to me. Not even fragments of it, I remembered absolutely nothing of our encounter. I only recalled him watching our beer pong match.

Sammy and Cat were avoiding conversation with me at lunch, most likely because I got pissed at them earlier. They probably thought it best to leave me alone for the moment being and they were right. Even though my hangover was slowly easing, my mood was still tanked.

When I charged my phone and checked it for the first time since last evening, a wave of messages rolled in.

Four missed calls, two voice messages, five texts. Two of the missed calls were from Taehyung, one from Jungkook and one from my mom.

I read through my texts before checking my voicemail.

+5 new messages...

Jungkook
Hey, where are youu?

Jungkook
Pick up your phone pls

Those two were from last night but there was one more from today.

Jungkook
hi, what happened last night lol
u just left without saying goodbye.
u okay?