Crumpled letters

The next few weeks were lonely.

Not that they should be, I was always with Charlotte but- without George there was just something... I don't know....missing.

Though I did find a way for it to feel like he was with me.

Every night, just after Charlotte had drifted off to sleep, I would take out the box of letters Ginny had given me at Christmas.

And that's what I was doing right now.

I listened for Charlotte's soft snores in the silence and once I heard them, crept silently out of bed and took out the box. I pulled out the crumpled letter at the top and began to read,

Dear Y/n,
Hi, how are you doing? I don't mean to sound cocky, but do you miss me? Wait, that does sound cocky UGH!

And that's where it ended. I smiled and placed it back in the box with the others.

I pulled out the next one, which was reasonably longer than the last,

Dear Y/n,
I hope you are ok, you know, at you house alone. Life at home is pretty alright I guess. It would be a lot more interesting with you here... maybe I could ask mum if you could come visit, but only if you want... I understand if you don't. You know what, I'll ask mum tommorow, wait tomarrow? No, that's not right....too-more-row. That's it's pronow- how you say it. Why can't I spell?

The next one just said,

My dearest Y/n,

And the comma had a long scribbled line attached to it, leading off the page.

Another one just had one sentence messily scribbled down.

Dear Y/n,
WE DIED RON'S HAIR PURPLE WE MAY NOT BE ALIVE WHEN YOU GET THIS SO TELL THEM IT WAS RON WHO MURDERED FRED AND I

I pulled out the next letter which had a water stain across it, blurring some of the words.

Dear Y/n,
Hope you're doing well. I'm not. Well at least not with out you. Fred would kill me if he read that. You know, I don't even know if you're going to read this. But I've already wasted so much parchment UGH. Only you can make me so flustered to the point where I can't even write you without wasting all my parchment. Yeah, I'm not sending this...

I grinned and decided to read one more before going back to sleep.

Dear Y/n,
...I don't even know what to write. I guess I miss you...I actually miss you a lot. Too much it's actually scary. Fred's started bullying me about it, saying I murmur your name in my sleep. What a lying git. At least I think. Ignore that. Anyways...I was wondering about what you said on the platform before we left...something about, loving me? I don't know, it was stupid, I probably heard you wrong. Ignore that too. But...if I did hear you right, I do love you too. WHY WAS THAT SO CHEESY! Oh god! What's wrong with me?! This is dumb. I'll just talk to you when I see you next

I placed the letter back in the box, put it back and crawled back into bed. While trying to fall asleep, I subconsciously began running my fingers over my right hand. Over the newest scar I had gained.

From Umbridge's quill.

The day after the twins left, she had come bustling over to me, saying I had something to do with the twins final rebellion.

"I SHOULD'VE KNOWN TO KEEP AN EYE ON YOU! ALWAYS HANGING AROUND THAT WEASLEY BOY! AWFUL INFLUENCE! GOOD RIDDANCE IF YOU ASK ME! TO MY OFFICE, NOW!" She shrieked.

She dragged me to her office and forced me to write sentences for hours, skipping my afternoon classes. Actually, not sentences. One word:

Awful

My hand was nearly covered blood and I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain by the time she told me I was finished. It was pitch dark outside as I staggered back to my dorm.

Charlotte began asking why I wasn't at classes the moment I stepped in the common room, but let out a loud gasp when she saw my hand.

The next day in classes, it hurt to write. I tried to get through it, but with my every movement threatening to tear the scar open again and my sudden anxiety the quill I was using was going to rip open my skin, it was difficult.

Charlotte eventually forced me to let her help me.

I finally drifted to sleep tracing the scar.

"And may that scar be a reminder of what you truly are, awful"

"I don't know why I ever looked up to you. You're an awful person and cousin"

"You ditched me for your boyfriend! On Christmas! You knew I would be here all alone and you didn't care! You're an awful friend!"

"You know what? We're done! I'm breaking up with you! You honestly were an awful girlfriend"

I awoke with a start, panic rushing through me.

That was arguably one of the scariest nightmares I had ever had.

I was loosing all the people that meant the most to me. For one of the reasons I feared most.

That I was not good enough and that I was, truly awful.

Hello!
I HAD SMILEY FRIES YESTERDAY AND OML AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. So. Frickin. Good. My new life motto is
"Smiley fries solve all problems, along with the fake scenarios I come up with in my head about fictional characters"
BOOM!
N E WAYS, have a great day :)