Party🕺

George's POV

"And then you scared her off by being a jealous arse-"

"Ok I get it Fred I messed up" I sigh.

"Yeah, you did"

"Look the task is starting soon let's just go" I urge.

We get to the black lake and sit together in the stands but Fred barely talks to me. I can tell he's pissed.

"So uhm...what did you say to y/n yesterday?" I ask.

"I told her you were an asshole" Fred says calmly.

"Oh...yeah, well do you know where she is?"

"Nope"

"Ok..." I look down at the champions and then, the task starts.

They all jump in the water, though Harry has to be pushed by mad-eye and the time starts. We have to sit there for an hour now. That's great when your brother is mad at you and doesn't want to talk to you.

The hour is close to being up when I decide to start a conversation.

"So Fred-"

"Hey look!" He interrupts me and points to the water where one of the champions has just submerged.

"Who is that?" I ask squinting my eyes.

"I think it's Cedric and.....who's that with him?"

We both lean out trying to get a glimpse of who it is. And then we see.

It's y/n.

I begin to make my way over to the platform she was getting onto but Fred grabs my arm.

"She doesn't want to see you mate" he advises.

"But-"

"You're just gonna make it worse."

I sigh and sit back down and watch the other champions help their people out. I can't help but keep looking over at y/n on the platform. She's now wrapped in a towel and talking with the people over there.

                                                  Your POV :)

"Thanks for saving me ced" I thank him.

"Well I didn't really have a choice did I?" He jokes "I think I finished first too"

I look around the platform and see no other champions have come up yet. Except Fleur Delacour. Just then, Viktor Krum, along with Hermione Granger submerge from the water.

"So just Harry's left in there?" I ask eyeing the water.

"Yeah, I think so" Cedric replies.

"He's running out of time" I say worriedly, looking at the clock.

"I'm sure he'll be alright...but what about you?" Cedric turns to me.

I furrow my eyebrows "what do you mean?"

"I've been so busy with the task I haven't been talking to you about what's going on between you and Weasley" he explains.

"Oh Cedric, I should be the least of your worries. I'm fine, really. Now go celebrate!" I say motioning to his friends.

"If you ever need to talk let me know ok? I'm always here" he gives me a pat on the shoulder and then goes over to his friends who are cheering like crazy.

I settle back into my spot on the floor, wrapped in my towel and watch the water. Hermione Granger comes over and sits next to me. She looks out anxiously and shivers.