SAPLE:: Sweet Talks

Ship: Safalin x Maple
Word count: 1319.
Content includes:
YTTD Chapter 2-1 spoilers.
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! A sudden smack to the alarm clock was made from a small hand. The light gleamed into the window as Maple woke up. Her short brown hair with yellow streaks and her deer onesie was shown a bit. Her green eyes opened and checked her alarm clock.

"6:30 am.." She grumbled, as she got up and stretched.

She stumbled to the bathroom and started getting ready to do her job as a obstructor. As she placed the pancakes on her head, someone opened her door.

"Ah, hello? Have you woken up yet?" A voice spoke, stepping into her room. "You're going to have visitors soon. They're coming to the 3rd floor now."

Maple nodded. "Yes, I know Midori. Gosh, go back to your coffin and stay there forever."

She turned around to see it wasn't Midori talking to her. It was a greenhaired lady instead. Her tears, extravagant hat, blue ribbon around her neck & arms, and fizzy-soda like dress.. Oh how Maple loved her look so well, but the facial expression is what made her guilty. Due by her face looking sad at the fact Maple said that to her instantly made her dash towards her apologizing immediately.

"Ah! I-I'm so sorry!" Maple apologized, bowing at the woman. "I..I thought you were someone else. I'm so sorry for what I said!"

The woman replied with a headpat. "O-oh..?! It's alright..! Midori and the other dolls are currently resting until the participants come here."

"WHAT'SYOURNAMECAUSEYOULOOKREALLYHOT!" Maple asked loudly. "SHITI'MSOSORRYI-- Uhm, want me to make you some tea, my dear?"

'That was a very bad impression' Maple thought to herself.

The woman was startled by the sudden outburst. "Ooee, I'm Tia Safalin.. Y-you may call me Safalin or Saf for short. I can't have tea at the moment but I will soon; I have to do something on my floor."

Maple's mood instantly went down. "O-oh, it's alright Safalin! You may come here anytime you want..!"

She smiled at Safalin and she returned the smile back. "I'll be going now, the participants should be coming up now."

Safalin patted Maple's head again and went out of the room, the doors shutting by themselves. 'AAAH I CAN'T BELIEVE I MET SAFALIN.. SHE'S SO SWEET...' She thought as she was jumping up and down.

As the time passed by, she was reading romance novels to make the time pass by until her door opened suddenly. 'IS SHE HERE?!' she thought, placing the book down and quickly checking who's at her room. She looked around with a smile on her face but instead it was two teenagers..?

Her mood went down a bit but walked towards them with a smile. "Hello! Would you and your friend here want some tea?"

The two teenagers looked at eachother and the girl nodded. "Yes, we would like some tea."

"On it!" Maple went to her small kitchen area and started making the tea.

The tea she was making was Chai tea. After she finished making the tea, she placed them in a cutsy tray and started walking to her bedroom. When she walked into the room, she saw the teenagers searching her room.

"What are you doing?" Maple asked, furrowing a brow.

"O-Oh we were..!"

"Ah, no worries! You may take anything here that're useful for this killing game." Maple smiled, placing down the tea infront of them. "You're tea is here, by the way."

Before Maple could leave for them to have alone time, the orange haired girl asked her questions about this room and about the killing game. Once the girl mentioned 'Midori', Maple started saying his name with a uncomfortable smile and long pauses in between. "Hiyori... Hiyori... Hiyori..."

After talking to the two teenagers, she waved goodbye to them. "Please remember you can come here anytime!"

Maple sighed as she collapsed on her bed, all she could think about is Safalin. Hell even during the talks her and the kids had, she tried so hard to listen but seem to unfocus sometimes. She's just choosing who to listen too at a certain time at this point. God, Safalin poisoned her with her appearance and personality. The thoughts she had of her and safalin together on cute dates made her smile happily.

'AAAAAH! Imagine me and Safalin on a date and.. and we go to the funfare! Argh, she might not like loud places.. Ah! Us on a date at the beach, seems pretty fun! Oh, oh! Maybe on a romantic dinner??! MAYBE A WALK AT THE CHERRY BLOSSOM PARK?!? W-what if we kisse--'

"H-Hello... Sorry to bother you. It seems you're tired." A familer voice spoke. "I-I wanted to visit you for us to know eachother more and for tea.."

Maple snapped out of her thoughts and got up from her bed. It was Safalin standing at the doorway.

"Oh, oh!! Yes, yes you may!" Maple responded, brushing herself off. "Please, take a seat..! I can bake us some cookies! Oh, do you have any specific tea you like?"

"Green tea please." Safalin replied, sitting down on the bed.

Maple malfunctioned a bit cause of how gorgeous Safalin was but snapped back into reality. She shook her head and walked into her small kitchen to make Green Tea + some cookies.

Once she was finished, she came to Safalin with the cookies and two teacups filled with green tea. She sat them on the table and gave a cup to Safalin.

"Ah, thank you." Safalin smiled and took a sip of the green tea.

Maple smiled back and also took a sip of her own cup. They were just chatting on the bed and having fun. Giggling was around the room and someone embarrassing themselves infront of their newly found crush. When Safalin told Maple a funny story, she laughed so hard she snorted and felt very embarrassed. She kept apologizing about it but the other woman just giggled about it.

"I also came here to kind of... rant a bit I guess..??" Safalin said.

"I'm all ears! I can try to help you in this rant too and comfort!" Maple nodded with a smile which made Safalin feel safe.

Safalin sighed. "It's just that.. The third floor isn't the same energy as before. I miss Rio Ranger. I know I couldn't fix in time, but.. I really miss hanging out with him. Despite all the times he teases me, I love him a lot. It feels weird not being around his presence anymore. Ah oh.. I wished I could've stopped Gashu from shooting him. I should've stood infront of Ranger to save him. He only had one bullet, it'd be easy. I'd die, Ranger lives, simple. I can't believe I couldn't fix him anymore.. He's officially garbage now. I can't do anything to make him return."

A few tears went down Safalin's face as she dried her tears with her blue ribbon. Maple had no words but gave Safalin a hug and stroking her back while at it.

"I-I'm so sorry to hear about that." Maple reassured Saf. "I know you tried your best and that's all that matters. Ranger may no longer be with us but he'd watch us from the stars."

Safalin smiled at Maple's comfort and sniffled. "T-thank you.. That makes me feel better.."

Maple smiles and hugs her tighter. Safalin returns the hug back. They broke the hug sometime later and it was just comfortable silence.

"Y'know.. Maybe I should see you more often, hehe." Safalin laughed, getting up. "I should be going back to my floor, see you later... Maple, is it?"

"Yes yes!" Maple nodded, waving goodbye to the melon soda lady.

Safalin returned the goodbye and left the room. Maple was freaking out over that Safalin may be coming to her room more often. 'Maybe being in this killing game is actually great...' She thought as she washes the dishes.