We headed inside making a line towards the lady at the desk, I looked over to Asami who was looking around the place like she's never been here, I didn't even want to question it.

"What can I do for you ladies?" The woman at the desk spoke. "We are visiting a patient, Justin Sasaki"

The woman looked at her watch then back at me "you only have 15 minutes with him before visiting hours is over, unless you'd rather stay the night"

"No, 15 minutes is good enough" I said taking the visitor passes from her hands and handed one to Asami. We went to the second floor and into the 5th room. "Korra!" A kid laying on the bed smiled as I walked in, his head was shaved, he had dark skin and bright golden eyes with an amazing smile, he had tubes connected to his arm and nose. "Hey buddy"

"Who's that?" He asked me as Asami walked in

—Asami's pov—

I walked in finding a kid around 10 years old laying on the bed with a heart monitor tracking his beat. "Who's that?" He said as I walked in

"That's Asami, we go to school together" Korra said then looked at me "Asami, this is Justin" she said making his golden eyes meet mine, I gave him a smile with a small wave "It's nice to meet you"

"You too" he smiled with a light blush on his face "what brings you guys by?" He asked Korra. Korra digged in her pocket pulling out the watch "well I just wanted to return something to you" She said giving him the watch. His eyes widen and a huge perfect smile popped on his face "My dad's watch! How'd you get it back?!" He shouted happily

"A magician never reveal their secrets" Korra simply said making me remember how she got my stuff in my locker.

"Are you staying the night?" He asked with a huge smile on his face but when Korra shook her head his face changed "not today buddy, I'll try tomorrow"

"Promise?" He said pulling out his pinkie making Korra let out a light chuckle "promise" she said connecting their pinkies together. "Alright I gotta go, you try and get some rest, I'll come back tomorrow" she told the boy tucking him in with the blanket, I couldn't help but smile at the sight. I notice the patient clip board hanging in the front, and there it was those words felt like a punch to the stomach 'stage 2 cancer' I looked back up at the boy who held the watch in his hand and smiled at Korra "goodnight buddy"

"Goodnight Korra" he said then looked at me "you too Asami" he held his smile

"Goodnight Justin" I smiled and followed Korra out the door. We returned our passes and headed back into the car.

"What's the story with Justin?" I asked Korra hoping she'd tell me something.

"Well, his mother kicked him and his father out the house, I don't know why, they became homeless after his father lost his job. I was somewhat close with his father so I got along with Justin, then one night about 3 years ago Justin's father went out for a job interview and he never came back... Gommu was the one that found his body. He took the watch from his wrist and gave it to Justin so he can stop worrying about if his father is coming back or not, but the boy was heart broken." As she told me the story I can see the mixed emotions in her eyes, it was filled with anger, sadness and pain "about 3 months ago Justin was acting different, we took him to the hospital and we found out he had cancer, he didn't have the right papers and we didn't have the money for the stuff so we were making up the money for awhile and we had to adopt him for the right identification...about a 2 month ago we finally had the money and took him in but the same day we took him was the same day he lost his watch, he panicked and didn't want to leave until he found that watch"

"So you told him you'll find it so he can go with you" I said finishing her story earning a nod. She drove out of the parking lot and started driving me home.