"What happens in bark-boat racing then?", Levi sighed slightly after a little pause. Connie made a subtle victory-pose, knowing he had successfully persuaded Levi to join.

"Well you start off by carving out a boat shape of your liking, adding details such as engravings or decorations. This is the calm, bonding part of this activity as the next part will have us all screaming at each other", you laughed a little. "I saw a small stream just past those bushes over there. We'll line up the boats and let them go at the same time. The first boat to cross the finish line wins-"

"Which is gonna be mine!", Connie shot in before you could finish.

"No, mine!", Sasha argued, showing off her progress. "I bet none of you have ever seen a better boat than this!", she boasted content. You rolled your eyes with a smile.

"It's quite easy, but it's fun", you said optimistic, turning to face Levi again, who to your delight had already started carving.

About ten minutes later the four of you were all ready with your boats aligned, the finish line already marked up and ready.

"GO!", Connie yelled, everyone letting go at the same time. The boats got caught in the stream, sending them rushing down the brook. You all followed suit, watching over your boats like hawks. Connie's suddenly got slightly stuck after your boat pushed it behind a rather large stone.

"Hey! That's cheating!"

"It's literally not-", but Connie had already thrown a thick stick on top of yours, trapping it as well. "Connie!". You threw yourself at him, tackling him to the ground just like the many times you've done during training.

The two of you continued to struggle to keep the other one down while trying to reach to free your trapped boats, all while hearing Sasha consistently cheering on her boat in the background. With a grunt you managed to push Connie away, removing the stick. He followed soon after and your boats were finally back in motion.

"God damned it!", you heard Sasha exclaim further down the stream. Reaching the end you could see Levi swiftly and effortlessly pick up his boat, the tiniest hint of smugness in his expression.

"Congrats Levi!", you cheered with a smile. Connie and Sasha's demeanour deflated the slightest bit.

"Is there anything he can't do?", Connie muttered underneath his breath, clearly just grumpy since he lost. "It's all your fault Y/N!". You abruptly turned to him.

"Don't even-", you simply said, staring him down. He dropped it.

'He is such a sore loser'

"Did you at least have some fun Captain? What do you think?", Sasha asked him, you and Connie both finally looking away from each other's intense gazes and over at him.

"I guess I can see the entertainment in it", he said, already starting to walk back to the camp. You didn't fail to notice the corners of his lips twitching slightly upwards as he turned away from you.

'Oh, he loved it'

~

"I think we need a rematch!", Connie tried to reason once you had settled back at your base. The sun was still shining bright, birds chirping above you as you laid down on your back, looking at them in-between the treetops.

"Connie, give it a rest. The only one who cheated was you", you told him for the fifth time.

"But-"

"Captain, we got the supplies", you heard Jean's voice say, and you turned to see four figures emerging out of the shadows of the forest.

"Finally", Levi muttered under his breath. He was probably tired of Connie bringing up the same subject over and over, one 'cheating' away from knocking him out for the rest of the day.