TEN: Unlikely New Allies

Start from the beginning

"You still have a life, Audrey! What are you talking about?"

The princess rolls her eyes, "Of course you wouldn't understand."

"Then just talk to me, Audrey. Tell me what's going on." Ben then gripped Audrey's hand tighter, "Did someone put a spell on you? Just tell me who, a-and ..."

"You'll what? Marry them?" Audrey laughed, taking her hand out of the king's grasp.  The Aurorian heir then walked towards the window before turning back to face Ben. "Most people get dumped because they aren't good enough. I wasn't bad enough. How do you like me now, Benny-boo?"

As Audrey twirled, Ben frowned. "I like the old Audrey better. I liked the girl that wanted to help Auradon, not destroy it."

"Well, considering how you tossed her aside, I'd say that you clearly didn't like her that much."

"Look, Audrey, I know that we haven't been as close as we were before, but I know that this isn't you. And you know that if you're ever in some sort of trouble, you can come to me and I'll help you. Please, Audrey, just let me help you."

Ben watched the princess carefully, and it seemed as if his words did reach something inside of her. He was quick to notice the change in her demeanor, the way her expression softened and her grip on the scepter loosened. The more she looked like the real Audrey.

"Help me, Ben," she pleaded softly, desperation evident in her voice. "Please help me before she-"

Suddenly, Audrey's eyes flashed green, a sharp gasp escaping her lips as her body jolted upward before settling. Her entire demeanor had changed. Gone was that scared princess asking one of her oldest friends for help. And in her place was a malevolent being that wasn't afraid to wreak havoc and cause chaos.

Audrey shook her head. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. I wouldn't have done that if I were you."

"What's going on? Audrey?" questioned Ben, searching the princess' eyes for any signs of the girl he saw before. "Audrey, what happened?"

"You're a slow one, aren't you? I don't know what Mal sees in you." said Audrey with a roll of her eyes. "I'll give you a hint, Beasty. I'm not really the pretty pink princess."

Ben's eyes widened, causing Audrey to laugh at the shock and confusion evident on the young man's face. "What have you done with Audrey? Where is she?"

"Funny how now you care about the girl that you insulted and humiliated."

"If it's me you want, then you can have me. Just let Audrey go."

This only caused her to laugh, "You'll get yours soon but right now, I'm having too much fun." Audrey then looked down, staring at the clothes that didn't fit her true self. "But don't worry, I'll let the wretched girl go eventually. Seeing Auradon in such chaos is making me miss my old self."

"Let her go and stop all of this now!" Ben demanded once again but the Aurorian heir only grew more annoyed.

"You really think you're in any position to be giving me orders right now? You really are your father's son," Audrey said with a scoff before her eyes lit up, an idea forming in her mind. "Yes, you are Adam's son, aren't you? The blood of the Beast?"

Ben's eyes glanced from the princess to the scepter, which began to glow brighter. "W-What are you doing?"

"Consider this your comeuppance, Little Beast." Thrusting the scepter forward, Ben fell to the ground with a deep growl. Audrey smiles in triumph before twirling, disappearing from the room in a cloud of pink smoke.

°°°°°°°

"W-What is this?" questioned Celia, truly wondering what in the world she was looking at. She, Evie and Mal were in the old, abandoned lair on the Isle, staring at the shocking discovery that the young witch doctor just made. And to say that they were all shocked would be an understatement right now.