'Come on, Alex, it's the same every time since we got on tour. What is wrong with you?' Jamie furrowed his eyebrows in deep concern, showing no satisfaction in the answer. Alright, now they were making it an interrogation, and he had to let out a weak chuckle as if saying: "Predictable".

'I've already told you I'm not in a mood for talking and there is really not much to discuss' he sighed heavily, keeping the strategy that from the first moment was a failure. They wouldn't have stopped asking and he'd already known that. But there was no difference between fighting or telling the truth.

In both cases, it seemed to be senseless.

'He's not in a mood to talk cause he knows exactly what's wrong.'

Matt's voice suddenly intervened after a small pause, sounding despised and sarcastic, forcing Alex to turn his head at him and meet a dare in the direct glance of his friend's eyes. Matt never used to talk that way but for the whole tour, he'd been keeping unusually distant. That out of the blue burst was just a matter of time and somewhere deep inside Alex'd been waiting for it. Well, all hands on deck?

'If you want to say something, then just do it. No need to sit here and act all smart' Alex pronounced in a partially annoyed tone, feeling something irritating in him rising. The night already felt like a burden and now this argument wasn't much of a help.

'I have a lot to say but what's the point? You always think that only you know what's right' Matt let out a disappointed chuckle, standing up from his place and pouring himself a drink. Nick and Jamie were watching it all expectedly and even that little detail felt condemning somehow.

'Thank God that we have you to judge the situation' Alex answered humorlessly, noticing how the note of poison slipped through the phrase smoothly and naturally, and maybe, that was unnecessary. He could've blamed it all on the alcohol but unfortunately, he wasn't drunk anymore. He knew Matt was speaking of Lili and for some reason, it was hard to handle.

'Because no one wants to tell you the truth' Matt made a sip, taking a brief look at Jamie and Nick before turning his glance to look into Alex's eyes. He had a lot on his mind, Alex could tell it even without guessing, but what exactly he wanted to say?

'I just don't get it how you could leave someone like her.'

Oh no. The first punch and right in the aim. No, it wasn't supposed to feel that way. For the whole evening, he'd been trying to escape the thoughts of her and now Matt was mercilessly pushing the right buttons.

'I don't remember it being your business, Matt' he found no better answer to give, sounding harsh and hearing the first echoes of anger deep inside him. It was still possible to avoid the full-blown argument but an awful obsessive feeling inside was pushing him to be rude.

'Believe it or not, it is my business' Matt snapped back unswervingly, taking a few steps closer as if losing his patience. 'Lili didn't deserve to be dumped like this. You knew she was scared of it and still did it. Do you have any idea how she must be feeling right now?' he continued pushing as if the words he was pronouncing was the knife being turned in a fresh wound. Of course, Alex knew that it all was fair but there was no patience and strength anymore to swallow the emotions.

'Since when do you care so much about her well-being?' he asked with a venomous grin as if suspecting something. Matt was way too passionate about the whole situation and it was surprisingly unpleasant.

'Since you don't care at all' Matt responded in a challenging manner, showing that he was just as angry. It was a wrong, such a wrong path, and didn't make any sense to keep fighting but after all, nothing made sense anymore.