Jungkook, I can no longer wait for you.' She thought internally.

🌙

Jungkook had split up with the special police officers and was continuing his search along the valley. The closer they got to the border, the more danger Lisa was in. Thus, everyone separated to expand their search radius. They moved with even more urgency and used the walkie-talkie to communicate with one another.

Jungkook tried to maintain a calm and alert state of mind by not thinking about any possibilities. Even so, a part of him was worrying as he dreaded what could be.

Through a small clearing in the woods. Jungkook spotted a rapidly flowing river. He quickly ducked through the woods and ran his gaze along the riverbank.

Suddenly, his entire body stiffened up.

He saw someone wading ankle-deep through the water and another person standing behind him whilst pointing a gun at a third, petite and familiar figure.

The surrounding was spacious and quiet, such that only the sound of the river flowing nearby could be heard. Jungkook looked at this scene and felt his heart crumbling rapidly as the person pulled the hammer of the gun to prepare to take the shot.

His beloved woman was being forced into a corner and was about to die right in front of his eyes. A painful anger filled his chest and he quickly pulled out his gun and fired a single bullet with a loud, "Bang!"

Just as Brother Lu was about to pull the trigger, she suddenly heard a sharp noise and her shoulder went numb. Then, she felt a piercing pain and dropped the pistol in her hand right into the shallow water below.

Lisa's entire body stiffened up, then she turned around and ran. Nonetheless, Suho's reactions were faster, and in a split second, he grabbed her and restrained her tightly under his arm with a gun pointed at her head.

Jungkook quickly approached them with a gun in his hand.

As he neared them, Lisa's appearance gradually got clearer. Her short hair was in a mess and her clothes had been all cut up by thorns. Her face was slightly pale, but there was still a stubborn and tenacious look in her dark eyes, and the moment she saw him, those same eyes were filled with uncontrollable emotions.

The look on Jungkook's face gradually became sullener as he aimed his gun at Suho who was dozens of meters away from him with no emotion on his face.

Both parties faced off against each other.

Lisa felt as though a lifetime had passed since she had last seen Jungkook.

She was on the verge of death, and for the first time, she had felt chills all over her body from being so helpless. Her brain went blank and all she could hear was the sound of wind whistling in her ears as well as the sound of her heart thumping rapidly in her chest.

But now, when she looked into his eyes again, she felt a gush of warmth washing over her body and wrapping around her uneasy heart...

Her breath gradually steadied as she lifted her gaze to look at the three people in front of her.

What was she panicking? Jungkook had arrived with the army soon to follow, Suho and Brother Lu were the ones who should be panicking.

At this moment. Suho ferociously snarled, "Put down the gun, or I will kill her." He slyly propped Lisa up to block his vital parts.

Brother Lu threatened him from the side too. "Jungkook, you're a sharpshooter, but Suho's skills are no worse than yours." Jungkook did not move his gun.