Chapter 23 - The Grumpy Duckling

"I call my life a beautiful mess and organized chaos. It's just always been like that. My entire life things have been attracted to me and vice versa that turn into chaotic nightmares or I create the chaos myself."

- Mindy McCready

JISOO

"Argh baby, your phone is ringing. Could you please answer it? I'm still trying to sleep here." Rosie said and put the pillow on her ear.

Rosie is not an early bird. I already took a shower and finished wearing my school uniform, but my baby is still on the bed trying to reach dreamland again.

"Sorry baby." I immediately took my phone on the bed side table and checked the caller. My forehead immediately creased when I saw it. I walked straight in the balcony of the bedroom then I answer the call.

"Good morning, mother." I said politely.

"Did you woke up late my dear? Why did it take you so long to answer my call?" She asked calmly, but I know that she's irritated.

"I woke up early mother. Sorry for not answering your call immediately, I'm getting ready for school."

"Good be punctual as always." She said. "Did Alex reminded you about the quarterly dinner this Sunday?" She asked. Alex is the head of my personal security and the one who updated my whereabouts to my parents. He is like my bodyguard slash personal assistant.

"Yes, mother." I said without any expression.

"Aren't you excited? You are going to see us." She said with fake excitement.

"I am mother." I said without any expression again.

"Argh, I don't know what to do to you anymore. Why are you always like this?" She said irritated. This control freak, she's starting again. "My daughter, remember you need to behave. You should obey me always if you still want that surname in your name." She threatened me. As if, I am proud to have this surname.

"I remember mother."

"By the way, what's the status of your relationship with the little Queen?" She asked.

"Good." I said

"Good? That's your best answer. How many years it has been? You need to be intimate with her, so she can convince her father to still do the merging with our family. You need to be faster, I heard that the Great Manoban is considering the Wang's eldest son to his daughter." She said anxiously. "And stop hanging out with the Park's spoiled brat maybe she is the reason that you're distracted." She said that start to make me feel anxious.