Chapter Twenty - Reminisced

Start from the beginning

"Mmm.. thanks Phil!" I walk over to the seat next to the window. I begin eating, savoring every single bite. I suddenly recall a memory.

~Flashback~

Ranboo and I are in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. I gave him the recipe for these really delicious pancakes that Phil always made when we visited for a few days growing up.

We played music in the jukebox and were singing along to the music, cooking together. I ended up flicking some flour onto his face and he blew cinnamon on me. I began to tickle him and he fell to the ground... but brought me down with him. We're a laughing mess at this point.

We stop laughing and I look at him, he's looking at the clock. "Welp... looks like we're having brunch!" I look up at the clock as well. "Yeahhh looks like it." I glance back down to see him staring at me. I giggle a bit, "what?"

"Nothin'~" I chuckle and slap his arm, finally standing up.

"...simp..." We both start laughing till we need to hold onto things to keep our balance. That is until.. the pancakes started burning.

"Oh shoot! The pancakes!" We both exclaim.

~Flashback over~

'Why do I get so flustered when I think about him! I've never felt this way about anyone before. I- I think I've fallen for him. But will he ever forgive me for treating him like that yesterday? I doubt he feels the same way about me... well— there is a possibility that he does, I've noticed the way he's looked at me.

But why am I realizing I love him just now? I'm scared that if I confess to him, he is going to hate me and I'm going to lose him. But on the other hand, I want to tell him before it's too late. Life is unpredictable.

Welp... Carpe Diem, right?'

([A/N] - for those of you who don't know what that means, 'Carpe Diem' is Latin for 'seize the day'. Y'all should watch 'Dead Poet Society' it's SOO GOOD!!!)

"[Y/n]... [Y/N]!!" I snap out of my thoughts, I realize I'm smiling from ear to ear. Tommy has his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you ok? Why do you look like that? Are you sick? Do you need ThErOpAy?!" He examines my face using his hand to move my head around by my chin.

I swat his hand away. I laugh at his statement. "No, I don't need 'ThErOpAy!' Tommy. I was just... thinking." I trail off a bit at the end.

"That Tommy impression was spot on." Phil said while setting a plate of food down in front of Tommy, referring to the therapy quote. I giggle.

"What were you thinking about?" He questions me, shoving a forkful of pancake into his mouth.

I don't answer for a second, thinking about what to say. As if a lightbulb turns on, I think of something clever.

"... nothin'~" I do a girly giggle to throw him off. He glares at me as if I'm mental. "You never act like that. Who's done this to you? Who are you and where did you put [Y/n]?!"

He points a fork at me in a sword fighting stance. I use the neck of my fork to move his away from me. "Threaten me with a dirty fork again and I'll smite you."

He shuts up and slowly sits back down, shoveling more food into his mouth. He knows for a fact that I would. "Yeah. That's what I thought."

We eat in comfortable silence until Tommy breaks it. "Seriously, what were you thinking about? It's bugging me." I roll my eyes playfully. "If you really HaVe tO kNoW!!... I was thinking about the time that Ranboo and I were cooking these pancakes and we burnt them. It was pretty epic."