Chapter 36: Scars

|your pov|

Al and Azrael were walking back to the hotel after a few minutes of forcing them to walk instead of flying there or using teleportation. I didn't want to draw any more attention towards myself or to Al and Azrael. Too many demons didn't like me to begin with and I don't think they would be too thrilled on the idea of another angel being present in Hell, especially months after an extermination.

"How has Heaven been?" I asked, curiously.

"Mostly the same over-positive angels there that make me want to, if I could, physically puke my guts up." Azrael stated.

I chuckled shaking my head. "What about the archangels?"

"Michael has a stick up his ass as usual, Raphael is helpful and generous still, Gabriel is kind and attending to the human world like so, basically all the same. We all still stick to the same basic rules," Azrael sighed.

"What about God?"

Azrael stopped for a moment to as Al and I stopped, looking back at him in wonder. "God, uhhhh he's here and there, going off and coming back and telling his story to Michael, Gabriel, Leroy, Galim, Joel, and Cassius. Sometimes he tells me wherever he's been off to if I'm present in Heaven for when he returns, but that's only sometimes," Azrael sighed.

"You work yourself too much Azrael, you know you don't have to be present for every death on Earth. That's what the other reapers are for."

"None are as powerful as I, making giant catastrophes more difficult to deal with when it comes to the death count and the amount of souls just waiting around. The reapers always need my help when it comes to the giant tragic disasters on Earth as I have to walk hundreds of souls to Heaven or Hell while they help the rest."

"(Y/N), you mentioned reapers. Are these reapers also angels like your friend, Azrael here? Minus the title archangel of course," Al asked.

"I'm not sure," I ponded at the thought, looking up at Azrael for his answer to Al's question.

"Reapers are not angels, not even fallen angels, nor are they demons. They are just reapers, born exactly as they are...well created exactly as they are. From the second they were created they understood exactly what their duty is. None even question if what they are doing is right or wrong as they couldn't go to Heaven or Hell if they wanted to, living there I mean. I do have to remind some that they must take every soul instead of returning the soul back to the body because not taking one on the verge of death could lead to someone else's death that was not suppose to happen for many years to come."

"These reapers, how come we haven't seen any in Hell if they real souls?" Al questioned as he was generally curious.

"They drop them off at the entrances of Heaven and Hell, they aren't allowed to step foot into either places as it's not their duty to make sure they are safe in Heaven or Hell. Their duty is to reap the human's soul, walking them to wherever they are going, leaving them at the entrance, making sure they enter."

We arrived in front of the hotel as I gestured to the hotel, explaining its purpose to Azrael. Azrael listened with intent but a smile creeped on his face as he chuckled. Al's head tilted to the side as a radio crack noise came from him. I asked Azrael what was funny and he stated the the rumours were true. Of course, Al and I were confused as Azrael explained that there have been rumors in Heaven that Lucifer's daughter is the exact opposite anyone in all of existence had expected. She was kind and considerate.