Chapter 35: Azrael

{Part of this chapter was helped with emiliasvibez and 50% written by her with my approval correlating to the plot as I helped with the other 50%
Basically how my entire story is with us LOL}

|Azrael's pov|

I flew down to Hell with my thoughts running wild. My heart was racing as I didn't want to believe you were banished from Heaven. Part of me hoped it was just a sick joke that Michael was playing on me but the other part of me knew Michael wouldn't do that. Michael and I may not get along but he wouldn't go this far, he knew the line drawn and to not cross it.
I arrived in Hell as I was surrounded by the blood red sky, the pentagon in the sky shining on me. Demons looked at me with fear but after a double glance, they were unbothered. I was the few angels allowed to not take part in the extermination. Reaping souls kept me busy all the time for millennia's. I was in my true form upon as I was slowly descending onto the ground.
I changed myself into my normal form, hoping I wouldn't scare you off with my true form. I changed my staff back into normal as most demons would be uneasy seeing me walk around with my scythe. My hair fell in front of my face as I glided my fingers through my hair fixing it.
Out of all the souls around me, I sensed one that wasn't corrupt still. '(Y/N)'
Quickly, I took off, flying over buildings until I saw you. I knew you spotted me as well as your mouth was wide open in shock. Two other demons were near you as I clenched my jaw. 'I swear if anyone hurt you I will reap their soul into the Empty!'
I landed as your eyes were wide. They softened upon realizing it was truly I, Azrael, the Angel of Death.

"(Y/N), we need to talk now," I explained, desperate.

"Azrael?" You questioned, being uncertain.

Once you noticed I was truly here, you ran and jumped on me. I was shock as I'm not used to physical contact. Slowly, I wrapped my hands around you, returning your hug.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be working? Azrael you know you can't take too much time off of your job, you know what happens when there's too many souls in the void," You explained, worried of my well-being.

I chuckled, "(Y/N) don't worry. I was just informed you weren't in Heaven no more as I made it a priority to check on you. You know it's part of my job to make sure souls get adjusted to their new life whether they go to Heaven or Hell. Though, depending on the soul I may interact with them or not, most of the time with demons I check on them from a distance before their soul becomes corrupt."

"Michael never told you?" You questioned.

"He did not, though he most likely did it on purpose," I grumbled under my breathe.

"Then why and come check up on me in person if you check up on souls in Hell from a distance?"

I paused before answering, "Because you are different than the other souls I've had to walk down here. You are pure, your soul is pure and kind. I must make sure a soul as gentle as yours isn't having a hard time here."

     I sensed a powerful demon far from me, they were attempting to attack me from a distance. Quickly, I turned around changing my staff back into my scythe.

 Quickly, I turned around changing my staff back into my scythe