Chapter XXXVII

Me and Blaise arrived back at Hogwarts. The huge building that should resemble a home to me. I should be happy to be back but instead I was internally hurting. Him leaving me this time was way more serious that it could ever get. I knew something was wrong. I could feel it in my skin, blood and bones. Couldn't calm myself down with the thought that someone will hurt him.

As soon as we entered the school, I begun looking around. Something was off... it simply wasn't the same. Again, I sensed the black magic in my blood. I suddenly felt unstable and supported myself with the wall. Fuck, it was worse than I supposed it could ever get.

"Hey, you're alright?" Blaise questioned me but I closed my eyes. Right then and there, I blacked out completely.

~*~

"She's waking up" I heard Hermione's quiet voice.

"About time" Ron's tone was quite louder.

I opened my eyes and saw them near the bed I was lying on. Hermione, Ron, Ginny and.. Harry.

"How do you feel?" Ginny questioned me. I only hummed feeling not completely conscious yet.

"Let her wake up" Mione informed them. My eyes slowly widened and I looked around. Turns out that I was in the hospital wing.

"What happened?" My weakened voice was finally audible. My eyes run around again and stopped when they reached Harry. He looked like the most woeful person in the room. I gulped, slowly changing my sitting position into a higher one.

"You passed out, it's probably nothing serious.." Hermione informed me.

"Oh-" that was my moment of realisation. It all slowly came back to me. How I felt as soon as we entered the Hogwarts building, how me and Blaise talked on our way back, and finally how I had to say goodbye to Draco... Each memory suddenly shifted back.

"I'm sorry for everything I did before Maya, I was so worried for you, I had to see if you're alright" Ginny spoke. I remembered how she used to talk behind my back and tried to take revenge on me. Since I felt tired now, I didn't have the mind to acknowledge her words or confront her about anything else she possibly did. I just let it go.

"It's okay, let's forget it" I suggest and she nodded. A bright smile appeared on her face. Luckily, we get to skip that issue.

"Are you still tired?" Hermione asked suddenly. I nodded as a response and she continued speaking. "We should probably let you rest"

I agreed but something seemed off. Harry didn't exclaim a single word to me nor anyone else. He just stood in the back, next to Ginny. I tried not to stare at him for too long but my eyes kept running back. Many things, but I missed him a lot. Whatever we were now, I truly enjoyed our friendship. Sucks that everything changed with only one decision of mine...

"Can we talk?" I asked, while forcing our eye contact. His emotions were very hard to read - sad, terrified or numb? I couldn't tell anything rather the fact that his eyes seemed redish. That could mean he didn't sleep, which was very possible for him. He would stay up all night while he was stressing about something a lot, the way he looked now worried me so much.

"Why would we want to talk?" He asked. I was right - he sounded quite tired, exhausted I'd say. I took a deep breath, showing that it wasn't an easy conversation for me either.

"What's happening here, we both know I didn't just 'pass out'" I came to the meritum. He nodded, which I took as an agreement.